Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spurgeon's Prayers (6) Come to Me, O Jesus

5 posters

Go down

Spurgeon's Prayers (6) Come to Me, O Jesus Empty Spurgeon's Prayers (6) Come to Me, O Jesus

Post  Fenny West Mon 16 Feb 2009, 3:32 pm

Come, therefore, O Lord, my God, my soul invites Thee earnestly, and waits for Thee eagerly. Come to me, O Jesus, my well-beloved, and plant fresh flowers in my garden, such as I see blooming in such perfection in Thy matchless character! Come, O my Father, who art the Husbandman, and deal with me in Thy tenderness and prudence! Come, O Holy Spirit, and bedew my whole nature, as the herbs are now moistened with the evening dews. O that God would speak to me. Speak, Lord, for Thy servant heareth!

O that He would walk with me; I am ready to give up my whole heart and mind to Him, and every other thought is hushed. I am only asking what He delights to give. I am sure that He will condescend to have fellowship with me, for He has given me His Holy Spirit to abide with me for ever. Sweet is the cool twilight, when every star seems like the eye of heaven, and the cool wind is as the breath of celestial love.

My Father, my elder Brother, my sweet Comforter, speak now in loving-kindness, for Thou hast opened mine ear and I am not rebellious

C.H Spurgeon
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Country : Spurgeon's Prayers (6) Come to Me, O Jesus RedCross-1

Warning : Spurgeon's Prayers (6) Come to Me, O Jesus 110

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Spurgeon's Prayers (6) Come to Me, O Jesus Empty Re: Spurgeon's Prayers (6) Come to Me, O Jesus

Post  Johntheservant Mon 16 Feb 2009, 4:09 pm

Awesome prayer and I would request Daniel to put Prayer Request and Daily Devotional section, it will be wonderful to see these sections.
Johntheservant
Johntheservant
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Spurgeon's Prayers (6) Come to Me, O Jesus Empty Re: Spurgeon's Prayers (6) Come to Me, O Jesus

Post  Pastor Mon 16 Feb 2009, 4:12 pm

I agree, we must have such sections. I vote for this and I add another suggestion, please also put Poll section so that we can all suggest and come to the popular decision.
Pastor
Pastor
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 99
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Spurgeon's Prayers (6) Come to Me, O Jesus Empty Great Idea

Post  Fenny West Mon 16 Feb 2009, 5:05 pm

You have my vote on this idea. (Prevaling Prayer Place)

Thank you for your suggestion.

Fenny
Fenny West
Fenny West

Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlelamb Mon 16 Feb 2009, 5:13 pm

Charles Spurgeon, is one of the greatest Pastor's of the 20th century. We have been blessed by hus understanding of the WORD. There is another Pastor, that is also very influential, his name: Adrian Rogers. I have been blessed to live close enough to hear Pastor Adrian Roger's sermons. There is something that I have also noticed, over the years, of being a Christian..there are very few Charles Spurgeon's and Adrian Rogers'. It reminds me that there are very few Peter's, also. We should want to learn and seek the MESSAGES that these men of GOD have given. If I haven't already posted, I will try to post some of Adrian Roger's messages, on this forum.

My prayer is that the LORD will build up an army of dedicated Preachers, accross the world, that have HIS HEART, and HIS PASSION, to reach a lost and dying world. And, that they will PREACH HIS WORD, in ALL TRUTH; without watering down the WORD.I love you
Littlelamb
Littlelamb

Female

Number of posts : 227
Profession : Admin of 2 forums, Children's Church Ministry
Hobbies : The BIBLE and the STUDY which I apply to life.
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 17 Feb 2009, 6:52 am

Johntheservant wrote:Awesome prayer and I would request Daniel to put Prayer Request and Daily Devotional section, it will be wonderful to see these sections.
Pastor wrote:I agree, we must have such sections. I vote for this and I add another suggestion, please also put Poll section so that we can all suggest and come to the popular decision.
Fenny wrote:You have my vote on this idea. (Prevaling Prayer Place)
Thank you for your suggestions and I agree with you. Fenny had made this suggestion and I will do the needful according to your suggestions. It will take some time because to revamp forums, I need some free time. I assure you that it will be done in this week. I agree that there should be a Poll forum, so that suggestion could be made and popular ones could be put into action.

Please do let me know if you want C.H. Spurgeon's writings in Daily Devotional?
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down