Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Forgive You

3 posters

Go down

I Forgive You Empty I Forgive You

Post  heavenbound Tue 18 Aug 2009, 3:04 pm

By Jerry Ousley

"I love You Lord and all I want is to serve You. I'll never let You down God!" That's what I prayed the day before I committed sin big time. There's no need to go into the gory details but I do confess that I sinned against my God. Now what to do? I really do love God, and I really do want to serve Him with all my heart. But it seems that there are times I just simply can't help myself. I don't want to do it but I do it any way.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I have no choice. I am saying that there are times I don't walk in the Spirit and so I fulfill the desire of the flesh. However I don't think I'm alone in this. I'm sure I'm not the only weak one. Just the same if I am the only one then I'm glad God made provision to escape just for me.

The Bible says, "My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world." (1 John 2:1-2 NKJV).

I know that there are many of you reading this that are in the same boat I am in. You see after nearly 35 years of ministry I have come to know when we repent to God that the goal is to be perfect before Him but it's a whole lot easier to say it than to live it. I find myself failing God in the smallest of things. There are times I have felt like Peter when He told Jesus that He was ready to die for Him then that very night denied Him. Peter repented of that and Jesus forgave him just as He does each of us when we come to Him and admit our sin.

The problem is that over the years Christians who have wanted to appear as being perfect have had to cover their sin and unrighteousness to keep up the charade. When those who have been honest with themselves, admitting their sin, see those who seem to be perfect, then they come to think that they must not have the goods and so simply give up with the thought that they'll never make it. Dear brothers and sisters in Christ this is exactly why God inspired John to write the above quoted verses. We should not sin but when we do we have Jesus Christ our Advocate Who is forever pleading our case.

The bottom line is this: We must try to not sin. Sometimes we will win and as we learn to depend on the Spirit and walk in Him we will find those victories coming more and more frequently. However sometimes we will fail. In these times remember that our repentance at salvation was just the first of many to come. We must learn to not "call it quits" but simply pick ourselves up, dust off the seat of our pants, ask God to forgive us, truly repenting, accept His forgiveness and go on serving Him.

It is not an excuse to sin. It is not to be used as a "cloak of maliciousness" (1 Peter 2:16). But our sincere repentance will indeed bring us to the place where we will hear God say, "I forgive you . . . "

Jerry D. Ousley is the Author of three books, "Soul Challenge", "Soul Journey" and "Ordeal." Listen to our daily broadcast Spirit Bread. Find out more by visiting www.spiritbread.com or email us at jousley@spiritbread.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com-Christian Writers

heavenbound
heavenbound
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 20
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Warning : I Forgive You 110

Back to top Go down

I Forgive You Empty Re: I Forgive You

Post  ChristianLady Tue 18 Aug 2009, 5:46 pm

It is a nice article showing the true face of us. I agree that we fight and sometimes we win and sometimes we fall. Jesus knew this nature of ours as our creator and taught us the Lord's Prayer.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever. Amen
ChristianLady
ChristianLady
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  sunshine307 Tue 18 Aug 2009, 5:50 pm

I agree that Jesus in His wisdom taught how to live. Thank you for posting this article here.
sunshine307
sunshine307
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content