Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Night to Remember

Go down

A Night to Remember Empty A Night to Remember

Post  palmtree Wed 26 Dec 2007, 2:33 pm

The Pastor of our Church this beautiful sermon on the Christmas Eve, so I thought of sharing it here, and may God bless you on this Christmas and New Year.

Christmas is a night to be remembered because God came to earth in the person of Jesus Christ. His humble birth was the beginning of a mighty work the Father accomplished on mankind's behalf. It included:

The Incarnation. From the moment of His human birth, Jesus was at the same time fully God and fully man (Colossians 2:9). In Him, the human nature and divine nature were perfectly united--Jesus didn't lay aside His deity at any time, nor did He exchange it for humanity. Instead, He chose to submit to His Father's will and live as one of us. Throughout His earthly life, He remained the eternal Son of God, but simultaneously possessed a human nature unblemished by sin.

Revelation of God. The Son came into this world so we could understand what the Father is like. Jesus said, "He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me" (John 12:45).

Identification with Man. By calling Himself the Son of Man (Matthew 8:20; Mark 10:33, 45), Jesus was fully identifying Himself with us. He walked among us and learned first-hand the suffering and death that take place in human experience. During the crucifixion, He knew the consequences of sin, as He took all our iniquities upon Himself (2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus' perfect life qualified Him to die in our place and pay our sin-debt in full.

As wonderful as the birth of a baby is, what occurred at Christmas was far greater. God became man and dwelt among us so we might become reconciled to Him. Hallelujah!
palmtree
palmtree
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : A Night to Remember 110

Back to top Go down