Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weak Jesus - Why did Jesus CRY?

+2
thirsty
sophie
6 posters

Go down

Weak Jesus - Why did Jesus CRY? Empty Weak Jesus - Why did Jesus CRY?

Post  sophie Tue 15 Jan 2008, 9:46 pm

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." (Mathew 26:39)

Doesn't this show that Jesus was weak and not willing? Any answers?
sophie
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 25
Profession : Medicine Doctor
Hobbies : Reading
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Warning : Weak Jesus - Why did Jesus CRY? 110

Back to top Go down

Weak Jesus - Why did Jesus CRY? Empty Re: Weak Jesus - Why did Jesus CRY?

Post  thirsty Wed 16 Jan 2008, 1:09 am

When Jesus was on earth He was both human and God. So His human nature is shown here where approaching His death His spirit is diturbed because He knew what He would go through. Elsewhere in the Gospels Jesus as God in human form where He performed huge miracles.

In Christ
thirsty
thirsty
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  sophie Fri 18 Jan 2008, 9:52 pm

Thirsty your explanation is good but not logical. You also admit that being human Jesus was weak so He cried to God to take away crucifixion from him but then he said that it is not my will but your will be done. So this also raises a question Jesus was not willing to go through. What do you say now?
sophie
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 25
Profession : Medicine Doctor
Hobbies : Reading
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa1880 Fri 18 Jan 2008, 10:00 pm

This proves only one thing Sophie and that you are ignorant and Antichrist as you come with all these verses and confusing statements. Jesus cried not because He was weak but imagining the pain He had to go through. I was reading this forensic article where Police forensic Department of Washington State analyzed Jesus' crucifixion and the the forensic scientist came up with a statement that due to heavy lashes Jesus received, He suffered from shock paralysis. Instead of asking these questions, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and you will get all the answers to your questions.

God have mercy on your soul
lisa1880
lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 20 Jan 2008, 6:02 pm

Ok this in no "rocket science" that we do not have answer to your allegation, Sophie. I have the answer and yes all of them have replied you perfectly well. I have yet to see a person, who knows that he is going to die and feels happy. As humans, we are surely disturbed but this is not the reason that made Jesus cry at Gethsemane.

We always talk about Jesus' love for us but we forget Heavenly Father's love for us.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whosoever believes in Him shall not persih but have everlasting life (John 3:16)

Jesus was on the contrary eager to redeem us and bring us back into the presence of Heavenly Father. But to do so, Jesus would have to be cut off from the presence of Heavenly Father for 3 days. Now this was the first time that Jesus would be cut off from the presence of Heavenly Father.

The reason is simple. Heavenly Father cannot stand sinners and that is why He banished Adam from His presence. So when Jesus was to die on the cross, He would had to take all our sins on Himself and this made Him to be cut off from the presence of Heavenly Father.

Jesus did not cry for Himslef but He cried for Heavenly Father, as since the creation, or before that, Jesus was with Heavenly Father and was never separated from Him or from His presence. And now it was the first time that Heavenly Father would go through the pain of separation.
In the beginning was the Word (Jesus Christ), and the Word (Jesus Christ) was with God (Heaevnly Father), and the Word (Jesus Christ)was God. He was with God (Heavenly Father)in the beginning (John 1:1-2)

So Jesus cried for the separation that was to take place and not that He was afraid of dying or was not willing as you have accused. If you have more questions, please do share with us here.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, the more I try to imagine what it was like that night in Gethsemane, the more I weep for You and Jesus. I weep for the love You have for me and my kind. To face what Jesus faced to go through what He went through in order to purify and set me free is amazing.

I am weak but I seek to become strong like Jesus. Please teach me to pray earnestly that I might not enter into the temptations that constantly pester me. Make me like Jesus and thank You that I can call You Father. What a blessing! In Jesus holy name. AMEN.

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thirsty Sun 20 Jan 2008, 8:07 pm

Thank you Daniel for your answer and the prayer.

In Christ
thirsty
thirsty
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post  LivinginChrist Sun 20 Jan 2008, 10:19 pm

Nice explanation Daniel and I believe that Sophie does not have any answer to this. Your reply made me realize that why don't we talk of sacrifice of Heavenly Father who loves Jesus Christ. Thank you for explaining it so well and thank for the prayer as I will always use it in my prayers from now on. And Daniel thank you for your Daily Prayers that you send us, it has helped me a lot in my prayer life and has given me guidance how to pray.

God bless you
LivinginChrist
LivinginChrist
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post  saved Sun 20 Jan 2008, 10:28 pm

Thank you as I also struggled with the same question for a long time and could not find a relevant answer. This question was posted to me by a friend some 10 years back and now it is all clear to me.

In Christ
saved
saved
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Jan 2008, 5:21 pm

Thank you Waqar for replying to this article and it was wonderful i knew this you must have the answer to this question. thank you for the new insight of the pain of God on his separation with Jesus and the verses as reference. Godbless you always
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down