Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation VS Evolution

5 posters

Go down

Creation VS Evolution Empty Creation VS Evolution

Post  LivingWaters Sat 02 Feb 2008, 9:39 pm

What does the Bible say about Creation vs. Evolution

It is not the purpose of this article to present a scientific argument in the Creation vs. evolution debate. If you are looking for scientific arguments for Creation and/or against evolution, we highly recommend Answers in Genesis - http://www.answersingenesis.org, and the Institute for Creation Research – Welcome - Institute for Creation Research. The purpose of this article is to explain why, according to the Bible, the Creation vs. Evolution debate even exists. Romans 1:25 declares, "They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen."

A key factor that we all must recognize is that the vast majority of scientists who believe in evolution are also atheists or agnostics. There are some who hold to some form of theistic evolution, and others who take a deistic view of God (God exists but is not involved in the world...everything proceeds along a natural course). There are some who genuinely and honestly look at the data and arrive at the conclusion that evolution betters fits with the data. Again, though, these represent an insignificant portion of scientists who advocate evolution. The vast majority of evolutionary scientists hold that life evolved entirely without ANY intervention of a higher Being. Evolution is by definition a naturalistic science.

For atheism to be true, there must be an alternate explanation for how the universe and life came into existence. Although beliefs in some form of evolution predated Charles Darwin, Darwin was the first to develop a plausible model for how evolution could have occurred - natural selection. Darwin once identified himself as a Christian, but later renounced the Christian faith and the existence of God as a result of some tragedies that took place in his life. Evolution was "invented" by an atheist. Darwin's goal was not to disprove God's existence, but that is one of the end results of the theory of evolution. Evolution is an enabler of atheism. Evolutionary scientists today likely would not admit that their goal is to give an alternate explanation of the origins of life, and thereby to give a foundation for atheism. However, according to the Bible, that is exactly why the theory of evolution exists.

The Bible tells us, "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God'" (Psalm 14:1; 53:1). The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in a Creator God, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse" (Romans 1:20). According to the Bible, anyone who denies the existence of God is a fool. Why, then, are so many people, including some Christians, willing to accept that evolutionary scientists are unbiased interpreters of scientific data? According to the Bible, they are all fools! Foolishness does not imply a lack of intelligence. Most evolutionary scientists are brilliant intellectually. Foolishness indicates an inability to properly apply knowledge. Proverbs 1:7 tells us, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

Evolutionary scientists mock Creation and/or Intelligent Design as unscientific and not worthy of scientific examination. In order for something to be considered a "science," they argue, it must be able to be observed and tested, it must be "naturalistic." Creation is by definition "supernatural." God, and the supernatural, cannot be observed or tested (so the argument goes), therefore Creation and/or Intelligent Design cannot be considered a science. As a result, all data is filtered through the preconceived, presupposed, and pre-accepted theory of evolution, without alternate explanations being considered.

However, the origin of the universe and the origin of life cannot be tested or observed. Both Creation and evolution are faith-based systems when they speak of origins. Neither can be tested because we cannot go back billions (or thousands) of years to observe the origin of the universe and life in the universe. Evolutionary scientists reject Creation on grounds that would logically force them to also reject evolution as a "scientific" explanation of origins. Evolution, at least in regards to origins, does not fit the definition of “science” any more than Creation does. Evolution is supposedly the only explanation of origins that can be tested; therefore, it is the only theory of origins that can be considered "scientific." This is foolishness! Scientists who advocate evolution are rejecting a plausible theory of origins without even honestly examining its merits, because it does not fit their illogically narrow definition of "science."

If Creation is true, then there is a Creator to Whom we are accountable. Evolution is an enabler for atheism. Evolution gives atheists a basis for explaining how life exists apart from a Creator God. Evolution denies the need for a God to be involved in the universe. Evolution is the “creation theory” for the “religion” of atheism. According to the Bible, the choice is clear. We can believe the Word of our omnipotent and omniscient God, or we can believe the illogically biased, "scientific" explanations of fools.

Article By: gotquestions.org
LivingWaters
LivingWaters
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Creation VS Evolution 110

Back to top Go down

Creation VS Evolution Empty Re: Creation VS Evolution

Post  FaithfulSon Sat 02 Feb 2008, 9:42 pm

According to evolution life began in water, if it did then there would be no life on land at that time. So what are the odds of life liveing in water after billions of years, with all it needed to survive in water, then all of a sudden start to grow legs and then walk on land, and also have all it needed to survive on land? The odds of this just happening, are minus zero. So some would say what about tadpoles?... they can't be compared, because mommy and daddy are already walking on land, and eating on land, and it didn't take them billions of years to do it.

Plus we have nature working with nature, this is also impossible without some form of intelligence behind it. The watch makers theory fits here as well, take one cog out, and you have a problem with that watch. Did you know that migratory birds rely on the south and north magnetic poles to show them where to go? take just that away, and you will have a whole lot of dead birds on your hands. Ozone layer as well... take that out, and you will have barbecued life on earth. So it makes more sense to say intelligent design than to say evolution, if anyone disagrees, its like this post that brother Chad started, they are just fools.

Im also seeing very graphic documentaries on TV more now, Dr. David Suzuki (The Nature of Things) had one here the other night that was two hours long, on how man descended from apes, this show must of cost as much as a block buster movie, with all the special effects that were in it. Im wondering if the Intelligent design theory had anything to do with it, because this show was full of propaganda for the evolution argument, even the begining of early man looking for his God. lol i think the Intelligent design theory got some of these scientist up in arms, and there trying to repair the damage with hollywood style brainwashing.

In Christ
FaithfulSon
FaithfulSon
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  JesusSaves Sat 02 Feb 2008, 9:45 pm

hi all,

been away for a long while. My computer was out for repair. Now Praise God i have a laptop. wow!

i like this topic...creation vs evolution. I haven't done much research in this field ...mainly coz I have never been in a position to even think i need some science to support Bible. But I personally know some people who have did some genuine research in this area. wow. one is my pastor himself. He started it to use it as an apologetic tool. But later he realised that even to think that the theory of evolution is a competitor to Creation is stupid. The whole concept of evolution is downright stupid.

Science never contradicts the Bible. i mean , true science. True science never disqualifies the Bible.

If u r into physics u'll understand that Newtonion physics is pure and Einstein's science is adulterated stuff mostly based on stupid assumptions. Einstein's Relativity Theory is the most stupid theories of all times and evolution theory and the big bang theory is based on that wicked doctrine. It is a blunder.

Einstein's followers like Stephen Hawkins and Roger Pentrose and the likes are just there to somehow disprove the God of the Bible. Pentrose even said..... "there might be a God which can explain all the missing links in our theories but I don't want to believe in Him". That is how hard hearted they are.

Stephen Hawkins is flipped. He keeps changing his theories and runs all over the place. But he can never ever give a complete and flawless explanation to evolution theory and big bang.

Even carbon ageing and fossil experiments prove, if only pure maths is applied, that the age of the earth is around 6000. Truth always stands with the Bible. Newton was a believer whereas Einstein was an atheist. Bible never contradicts the true science and maths.

Some people in the church have also tried to accomodate the Bible into evolution theory by distorting a few verses in Genesis.

Creation of God is so powerfully evident and obvious that there is absolutely nothing that stands nearby to challenge its authenticity.
JesusSaves
JesusSaves
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  THE ROCK Sat 02 Feb 2008, 9:47 pm

Every man has a porpose wheater its good or evil, i know for a fact that Einstein played an important role in ending World War 2, he helped the U.S end it with atomic bombs. And this very likely also stoped the total slaughter of his people, the Jews. We have to think about this, did God use Einstein's brain to help the Jews? This is very possible, bad theory's or not. Just think if this knowledge, ended up in the hands of Hitlers regime first.

But that is just my theory...

Einstein was an atheist?...Einstein may not have met his maker, but he was no full fledged atheist, he has quotes about God or Gods all over the place. Some good, some bad, he was to smart to be a total athiest. And this can be debated as well, some say he was, some say he was'nt.
THE ROCK
THE ROCK
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 31
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Back to top Go down

Creation VS Evolution Empty Creation vs Evolution

Post  Irv Everett Fri 08 Feb 2008, 6:42 pm

I am by no means a scholar but Albert Einstein did make some very good points:

COLD is the absence of heat, absolute zero is -458f that is as cold as it gets
DARKNESS is the absence of light, darkness can not get any darker
DEATH is the absence of life, it is not the opposite of life the absence of it
And EVIL is the absence of GOD, like darkness and cold only a word to show the absence of GOD.

Cold, darkness, evil and dead; sounds like the LOST, without GOD.
Irv Everett
Irv Everett
VIP

Male

Number of posts : 305
Profession : I'm a child of the KING
Hobbies : Loving my wife, son and grandbabies; Praising the Lord for HIS mercy and grace!
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down