Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOVE: The Universal Language of Religions

4 posters

Go down

LOVE: The Universal Language of Religions Empty LOVE: The Universal Language of Religions

Post  walkinginJesus Fri 07 Mar 2008, 11:33 pm

Love is embedded in all the faiths of the world, and all the faiths ask their followers to live in peace with others. We have forsaken the right path of Living in Love and taken up arms to reslove petty issues.

Judaism
"You shall not hate your brother in your heart . . . but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord." (Leviticus 19:17-18) However, for the Jewish people, this love was not restricted to their own people. "The stranger who sojourns with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt." (Leviticus 19:34).

Islam
"Human beings can live in blessing and kindness so long as they love each other, show trust-worthiness, and behave according to truth and fairness. Love is enduring and patient and kind. It judges all things with the heart, not the mind. And love can transform the most common place into beauty and splendor and sweetness and grace. For love is unselfish, giving more than it takes, being unconditional and unhampered by environment. Love never forsakes, it is faithful and trusting, truthful. It is guileless and honest and never deceiving. Love is Allah's Divine Gift." ("Islamic Digest")

Hinduism
One of the four ends of life is Karma, which like Cupid, is a personalized god of love with flower-bow and five flower arrows, sending desire quivering into the heart. In general, love in Hinduism plays a determinative role in the whole religious practice; family love, married love and all secular forms of love are subordinate to the divine love.

Buddhism
"Never is this world appeased by hatred; it is only appeased by love - this is an eternal law." (Dhammapada, The Way of Righteousness - 3-5, 201).

Daoism
"There are three basic precious treasures which I would preserve forever: love, frugality, and humility. Love creates courage - love can win when fighting, and also can defend a position strongly. Heaven would save those who have love." (By founder Lao Zi, Ch. 67).

Confucianism
"Ren" (translated as love, goodness, heartedfulness, or humaneness) is a central concept and starting point. Ren is the determinative principle for the harmony, balance and equilibrium among human beings. Love is a duty, a virtue, a moral conduct, a rational choice, and a social responsibility.

Love is the foremost respected elements of all faiths, all faiths teach peace, then why are people fighting? The simple answer is that, all the followers have forgotten what their faiths have taught and i.e. LOVE.

God bless
walkinginJesus
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-16
Country : LOVE: The Universal Language of Religions RedCross-1

Warning : LOVE: The Universal Language of Religions 110

Back to top Go down

LOVE: The Universal Language of Religions Empty Re: LOVE: The Universal Language of Religions

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 08 Mar 2008, 10:39 am

I totally disagree with you that all faiths teach to love others. Only Christianity teaches us to love our enemies and pray for those whp persecute you. All the religions you have quoted, tell their followers to love each other- where is Universal Love? You could not find a single verse from Koran or Hadiths that you had to quote the Islamic Digest. There is only and one religion and that is Christianity, that tell us not to be violent against our enemies.

God bless you

Last edited by Waqar Daniel on Sat 08 Mar 2008, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

LOVE: The Universal Language of Religions Empty Re: LOVE: The Universal Language of Religions

Post  tom2 Sat 08 Mar 2008, 9:41 pm

only christianity proclaims love no matter what.jesus said for what does it profit you to love those who love you.we are to love our enemies,and pray for those who would despitively use and persecute us.but I would agree very few people do, no matter what their religion is.
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  palmtree Sat 08 Mar 2008, 11:54 pm

Only God of the Bible tells us to live a peaceful life as a neighbor, subject and master. Claims of other religions are false. Can you show such a verse from books of other faiths? I believe it is totally wrong to compare the love of God of Bible with other gods.
"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you". (Mathew 5:44 NKJV)
God bless
palmtree
palmtree
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down