Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

entertainment leads to hypocracy

2 posters

Go down

entertainment leads to hypocracy Empty entertainment leads to hypocracy

Post  tom2 Sat 08 Mar 2008, 9:54 pm

I have a strong belief that entertaiment a wordly passion has taken over the lives of most people today.tv,movies,sports,football,baseball,basketball,just too mention a few.and within the church pastors that believe the message today must be entertaining,to entice people into the pews.and award banquets.I haven,t read a thing in the bible which says the churches members should receive yearly awards for service.now we won,t even discuss the divorce rate and people who have no commitment in relationship,yet profess an undying devotion and love for god ,jesus, and the message.yet have been married 2,3,4 times.you cant be totally committed to jesus,yet have none in your life in relationship with people.if you don,t then you are totally into the flesh.you live a me,me ,me life.
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Warning : entertainment leads to hypocracy 110

Back to top Go down

entertainment leads to hypocracy Empty Re: entertainment leads to hypocracy

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 08 Mar 2008, 10:25 pm

How long will you refuse to humble yourself to me (Exodus 10:3)

Tom this is a very beautiful post and I totally agree with you. I know a Church that gives out certificates to those who donate the most. Then they pick the family or a person who had donated the most and their picture is displayed on the walls of the Church entrance. People fall into competition thus breaking the rule, that God said, "Give willingly".

We live a show off lives inside the Churches just to impress people. And yes they are impressed. Everyone is busy covering their sins by beautiful displays of acts in the Church.

The question is, whom are we serving, our Heavenly Father or god of this world? These all people are stumbling blocks for others.

We are so fond of preaching that God is love but we always fail to preach that to every sin there is a consequence. I believe this is must be preached all the time, so that people may know that if they sin, they will face consequences.

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Sun 09 Mar 2008, 12:34 am

daniel.brother it is such a big problem within believers.humility is almost non existance.I truly believe what jesus said about not letting your left hand know what your right hand is doing.for being god he humbled himself and became flesh.yet we elevate our flesh as though it is whats important.we live our lives ever seeking comfort,both physically and emotionally,and give so much importance to our feelings.LOVE do we really know what the word means? I wonder.
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Sun 09 Mar 2008, 12:43 am

daniel,yes brother we fail to understand that yes we are forgiven for our sins,but there will be consequences here in the flesh.look at our families with the high divorece rate,most are dysfunctional.we have gone astray in our thinking. they post the pictures?man thats terrible.evidently this church completely missed jesus,s teaching on humility.him who would be first must be last.and not letting your left hand know what your right hand is doing. but my earlier question, how can people say they are so committed to god ,yet show no signs of committment in their lived to their fellow man,let alone their spouses,and children,or any relationship?
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down