Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Words of Some Great Missionaries

Go down

Words of Some Great Missionaries Empty Words of Some Great Missionaries

Post  ChristianLady Wed 19 Mar 2008, 12:34 am

David Brainerd
"Oh, that I could dedicate my all to God. This is all the return I can make Him."

"Here am I, send me; send me to the ends of the earth; send me to the rough, the savage pagans of the wilderness; send me from all that is called comfort on earth; send me even to death itself, if it be but in Thy service, and to promote Thy kingdom."

William Carey

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God."

"I feel it my duty to plod on while daylight last."

James Gilmour

"But I go out as a missionary not that I may follow the dictates of common sense, but that I may obey that command of Christ, 'Go into all the world and preach.' He who said 'preach,' said also, 'Go ye into and preach,' and what Christ hath joined together let not man put asunder.

Adoniram Judson

"The prospects are bright as the promises of God."

Shortly before his death, he said: "I am not tired of my work, neither am I tired of the world; yet, when Christ calls me home, I shall go with gladness..."

David Livingstone

Fear God and work hard."

"If we wait till we run no risk, the gospel will never be introduced into the interior," he wrote to those who urged caution.

"Death alone will put a stop to my effort!"

Alexander Mackay

"What is this you write— 'Come home? Surely now, in our terrible dearth of workers, it is not the time for any one to desert his post. Send us only our first twenty men and I may be tempted to come to help you to find the second twenty."

Robert Moffat

Writing to his parents from London shortly before sailing for Africa, he said: "Oh, that I had a thousand lives and a thousand bodies! All of them should be devoted to no other employment but to preach Christ ... I have not repented in becoming a missionary, and, should I die in the march and never enter the field of battle, all would be well."

John Paton

This is strength; this is peace; to feel, in entering on every day, that all its duties and trials have been committed to the Lord Jesus — that, come what may, He will use us for His own glory and our real good!"

"Nothing so clears the vision and lifts up the life, as a decision to move forward in what you know to be entirely the will of the Lord."

Mary Slessor

As for her rewards, she had but one question: "What would I do with starry crowns except to cast them at His feet?"

C.T. Studd

"I cannot tell you what joy it gave me to bring the first soul to the Lord Jesus Christ. I have tasted almost all the pleasures that this world can give. I do not suppose there is one that I have not experienced, but I can tell you that those pleasures were as nothing compared to the joy that the saving of that one soul gave me."
ChristianLady
ChristianLady
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Words of Some Great Missionaries 110

Back to top Go down