Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conversion: what it is all about?

Go down

Conversion: what it is all about? Empty Conversion: what it is all about?

Post  Guest Wed 09 Apr 2008, 2:46 pm

What do we mean by conversion, does it mean to turn to God? If the answer is yes another question could strike the mind, is it enough just to turn to God or it means more than just turning to God?
To understand this, one must understand first what it means to turn to God, for this the Bible tells us in John 1:12-1

“ Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God- children not born of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husbands will, but born of God”
How we can become children, how we can receive him? The answer is simple ‘ just by saying YES LORD JESUS COME INTO MY HEART’
Salvation is a gift. You need only accept it and you belong to God, and He to you.
All that had to be done was finished by Jesus on the cross.
We just need to welcome Him, Revelation 3:20

behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me”
Conversion is not only just turning to God and saying yes to Him, it is not a blind leap into the darkness. It is a joyous leap into the light that is the love of God. John 8:12
“ I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life"
Children of God walk in the light of God. After turning to God and accepting Jesus as our saviour, we must read the Bible daily and pray continually, go to church regularly and seek other Christians fellowship. Learn to be nourished by God’s Word and His many promises. Conversion is not the end of your journey- it is only the beginning.
Psalm 119:105
“ thy word is s lamp to my feet and a light to my path”
Come to God,, turn to Him and accept Jesus as your saviour.

Courtesy: Corrie ten Boom, ‘ Each New Day’, World Wide Publications, Minnesota 55403.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Conversion: what it is all about? Empty Re: Conversion: what it is all about?

Post  tom2 Wed 09 Apr 2008, 3:35 pm

its all about love,its all about believing god,its all about accepting jesus.its all about modeling your life after his.humility,love,forgiveness,whats it all about JESUS.
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Warning : Conversion: what it is all about? 110

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Apr 2008, 2:25 pm

thank you tom2 for your reply yes after accepting Jesus in our lives we also accept His love, humility, and He is the norm of life for us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Tue 15 Apr 2008, 2:37 am

hannah,just as in jesus,s life people seem to make everything complicated.Gods plan through his son jesus is very simple.faith in him,who he is,what he has done,why,knowing we need salvation,and repenting,then living through the santification process,knowing that while we live under his control we are justified by God through him and cleansed.its really not complicated,its faith.faith that God cannot and does not lie.that jesus was and is his son,that he died in our place to redeem us and make us acceptable to the father.
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Warning : Conversion: what it is all about? 110

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down