Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Holy Spirit and His Works part1

Go down

The Holy Spirit and His Works part1 Empty The Holy Spirit and His Works part1

Post  Fenny West Thu 29 May 2008, 12:15 pm

The Holy Spirit is vital in the life of any believer. He is part of the triune God. And unless we know Him and acknowledge Him in our lives, we may be saved and heaven-bound but our lives may be unproductive and we would lose out on many of the benefits he came to bestow to us.

Let us examine Him and His works in this article.

He is the third Person in the God-Head, the Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of Grace, the Spirit of Life, the Spirit of Jesus,

He is a divine Person Who:

Speaks

You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father David: " 'Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain?[

Can be grieved

30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemptionEph4:30

His Works

He Engineers the New Birth

First of all, without Him we cannot be born again. Yes, Jesus paid the price on the cross and unless we acknowledge Christ and confess our sins we cannot be saved; That is how we are born of the blood as it the ultimate sacrifice that Christ paid. ‘Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. We overcame by the blood of the Lamb. We are not saved by the blood of bulls and goats but the precious blood of Jesus. However it is the Holy Spirit that opens our eyes to realize we are sinners, convicts us of our sin and leads us to the cross. That is why we are said to be ‘born of the Spirit’. when are born again As we hear the cleansing, convicting word of God, which is like water; we are born of the Spirit as He introduces us, acting like a midwife.

It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 9in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; 10in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;

(John 16:7-10)

He Renews our Strength

As we wait on Him He renews our strength like the eagle.
31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isa40:31

Gives us strategies for outreach, spiritual warfare, ministry

He gives us supernatural wisdom

Wisdom comes supernatural wisdom comes from the Holy Spirit. This is apart from the Word of wisdom which He gives as a spiritual gift enabling you to speak of things to come or foretell the future. God can give you uncommon wisdom in your daily life that is part of having the divine nature.

He gives revelation knowledge

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. Luke 10:21

He Brings Joy Unspeakable and full of Glory

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. Luke 10:21

He binds us together; bring one accord, unity, symphony

Just as Unity amongst believers attracts the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit can also engender unity among believers if they will allow Him. He will guide them to do tings that will keep the unity of the body in the bond of peace and love. People will avoid selfish motives in doing what they do. Those who are given to gossips will be convicted and led to repentance; those out to deceive will be stopped in their tracts like Ananias and Sapphira Acts 5:1

42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44[All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved (Acts2: 42-47)

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.Acts2:1KJV

1Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.(Ps133:1-3 )

Ps 133:1-3

He Empowers us for Service

H e promised power to witness

Acts 1:8,

Listen to Peter Preach quoting and applying scriptures in an incredible way.

Acts 2:16-29,

See Peter and John demonstrate the power of the Spirit.

Acts3:1-4

Listen and imagine Stephen testifying and taking them through the Old Testament with so much scholarship.

He Reminds us of Things to Come

Prophecy is the domain of the Holy Spirit. He knows the end from the beginning and will tell us things to come and what to do about them. It is not for us to show off.

He also reminds us of the Word as we preach or witness. We must however realise that the Holy Spirit wants us to be diligent and study to show ourselves approved. He will remind us what we have studied and can show us other facets of it. But we must study and then rely on Him.

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.John 14:26

He Births creativity in us

The Holy Spirit births creativity in us as we acknowledge Him. This was the Sprit in Bezalel who was commissioned to decorate the temple in the Old Testament.

2Then Moses summoned Bezalel and Oholiab and every skilled person to whom the LORD had given ability and who was willing to come and do the work. 3Ex 36

Acknowledge Him today ask for innovative ideas for what ever you‘re doing for God; even in your secular work. He will not disappoint you.

Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning : The Holy Spirit and His Works part1 110

http://inspiration4generations.com