Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Wonderful to Know!

Go down

How Wonderful to Know! Empty How Wonderful to Know!

Post  Fenny West Thu 12 Jun 2008, 12:15 pm

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Ps 139:1-6 NIV
What a scripture to wake up to this morning!

God knows me through and through. He knows when I wake up and when I lie down; when I am cooking and when I am having my breakfast, lunch or dinner.

He knows when I am happy and when I am sad. He knows not only what I do but the motives behind them. I may deceive others but I cannot deceive Him. He knows when others misunderstand me and condemn me, but He knows my heart and so He accepts me. He knows when I am weak and when I am strong. He knows me more than I know myself. He knows the direction that I will take well ahead of time. He even charts my pathway, goes ahead of me to make crooked paths straight and even precedes me. Why? Because He is Jehovah Shammah- the ever –present Lord.

He knows my pain and my joy, because He took my pain, sickness and disease and was tempted on all areas, yet without sin.

Think about it.

Why? Because He is the omniscient- All-knowing God, the Only-Wise-God. His wisdom cannot be fathomed. He knows the end from the beginning. And He is the beginning and the end; the Author and Finisher of our faith, the First and the Last, who was before Abraham and is and is to come, the Alpha and the Omega!

He knows my thoughts years upon years ahead of when I shall think them.

He places His hand of blessing on me. Why? Because He is good and His mercies endure for ever.
Because He is Elshaddai- the all sufficient, bounteous, generous, super-abundantly able God who is Jehovah Nisi, the Lord my provider, who supplies all my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
My God is the Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, extra-ordinarily patient and abundant in goodness and in truth.

What a wonderful truth to know!

Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget His wonderful, incredible, unfathomable knowledge and goodness.

12/06/08
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning : How Wonderful to Know! 110