Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pleasing the Lord

Go down

Pleasing the Lord Empty Pleasing the Lord

Post  Fenny West Tue 01 Jul 2008, 3:03 pm

Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

1 John 3:21-23 NIV

Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

2 Corinthians 5:9, 10 NASB

For one is approved if, mindful of God, he endures pain while suffering unjustly. For what credit is it, if when you do wrong and are beaten for it you take it patiently? But if when you do right and suffer for it you take it patiently, you have God's approval. For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

1 Peter 2:19-21 RSV

I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you.1Chro29:17

When you bring blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice crippled or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you?" says the LORD Almighty. Mich 1:8

And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matt 3:17

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.1cor. 1:21

By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. Heb. 11:5

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Heb. 13:16
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning : Pleasing the Lord 110

http://inspiration4generations.com