Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 Scientific Facts in the Bible

5 posters

Go down

15 Scientific Facts in the Bible Empty 15 Scientific Facts in the Bible

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 16 Jul 2007, 1:51 pm

Scientific Facts in the Bible

1. Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see is composed of invisible atoms. Here, Scripture tells us that the "things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

2. Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says that a baby must be circumcised on the eighth day.

3. At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space: "He...hangs the earth upon nothing" (Job 26:7).

4. The prophet Isaiah also tells us that the earth is round: "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptic maintain, but to a sphere. Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world (see Proverbs 3:6 footnote).

5. God told Job in 1500 B.C.: "Can you send lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, Here we are?" (Job 38:35). The Bible here is making what appears to be a scientifically ludicrous statement—that light can be sent, and then manifest itself in speech. But did you know that radio waves travel at the speed of light? This is why you can have instantaneous wireless communication with someone on the other side of the earth. Science didn’t discover this until 1864 when "British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the

same thing" (Modern Century Illustrated Encyclopedia).

6. Job 38:19 asks, "Where is the way where light dwells?" Modern man has only recently discovered that light (electromagnetic radiation) has a "way," traveling at 186,000 miles per second.

7. Science has discovered that stars emit radio waves, which are received on earth as a high pitch. God mentioned this in Job 38:7: "When the morning stars sang together..."

8. "Most cosmologists (scientists who study the structures and evolution of the universe) agree that the Genesis account of creation, in imagining an initial void, may be uncannily close to the truth" (Time, Dec. 1976).

9. Solomon described a "cycle" of air currents two thousand years before scientists "discovered" them. "The wind goes toward the south, and turns about unto the north; it whirls about continually, and the wind returns again according to his circuits" (Ecclesiastes 1:6).

10. Science expresses the universe in five terms: time, space, matter, power, and motion. Genesis 1:1,2 revealed such truths to the Hebrews in 1450 B.C.: "In the beginning [time] God created [power] the heaven [space] and the earth [matter] . . . And the Spirit of God moved [motion] upon the face of the waters." The first thing God tells man is that He controls of all aspects of the universe.

11. The great biological truth concerning the importance of blood in our body’s mechanism has been fully comprehended only in recent years. Up until 120 years ago, sick people were "bled," and many died because of the practice. If you lose your blood, you lose your life. Yet Leviticus 17:11, written 3,000 years ago, declared that blood is the source of life: "For the life of the flesh is in the blood."

12. All things were made by Him (see John 1:3), including dinosaurs. Why then did the dinosaur disappear? The answer may be in Job 40:15–24. In this passage, God speaks about a great creature called "behemoth." Some commentators think this was a hippopotamus. However, the hippo’s tail isn’t like a large tree, but a small twig. Following are the characteristics of this huge animal: It was the largest of all the creatures God made; was plant-eating (herbivorous); had its strength in its hips and a tail like a large tree. It had very strong bones, lived among the trees, drank massive amounts of water, and was not disturbed by a raging river. He appears impervious to attack because his nose could pierce through snares, but Scripture says, "He that made him can make his sword to approach unto him." In other words, God caused this, the largest of all the creatures He had made, to become extinct.

13. Encyclopedia Britannica documents that in 1845, a young doctor in Vienna named Dr. Ignaz Semmelweis was horrified at the terrible death rate of women who gave birth in hospitals. As many as 30 percent died after giving birth. Semmelweis noted that doctors would examine the bodies of patients who died, then, without washing their hands, go straight to the next ward and examine expectant mothers. This was their normal practice, because the presence of microscopic diseases was unknown. Semmelweis insisted that doctors wash their hands before examinations, and the death rate immediately dropped to 2 percent. Look at the specific instructions God gave His people for when they encounter disease: "And when he that has an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself even days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean" (Leviticus 15:13). Until recent years, doctors washed their hands in a bowl of water, leaving invisible germs on their hands. However, the Bible says specifically to wash hands under "running water."

14. Luke 17:34–36 says the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will occur while some are asleep at night and others are working at daytime activities in the field. This is a clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night at the same time.

15. "During the devastating Black Death of the fourteenth century, patients who were sick or dead were kept in the same rooms as the rest of the family. People often wondered why the disease was affecting so many people at one time. They attributed these epidemics to ‘bad air’ or ‘evil spirits.’ However, careful attention to the medical commands of God as revealed in Leviticus would have saved untold millions of lives. Arturo Castiglione wrote about the overwhelming importance of this biblical medical law: ‘The laws against leprosyin Leviticus 13 may be regarded as the first model of sanitary legislation’ (A History of Medicine)." Grant R. Jeffery, The Signature of God With all these truths revealed in Scripture,how could a thinking person deny that the Bible is supernatural in origin? There is no other book in any of the world’s religions (Vedas, Bhagavad-Gita, Koran, Book of Mormon, etc.) that contains scientific truth. In fact, they contain statements that are clearly unscientific. Hank Hanegraaff said, "Faith in Christ is not some blind leap into a dark chasm, but a faith based on established evidence." (11:3 continued)
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : 15 Scientific Facts in the Bible 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

15 Scientific Facts in the Bible Empty Re: 15 Scientific Facts in the Bible

Post  ephraim724 Sat 28 Jun 2008, 8:50 am

Hi Daniel,

1. Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see
is composed of invisible atoms. Here, Scripture tells us that the
"things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

Quote from the book to Hebrews:

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Hebrews 11:3.

I do not see this verse talking about atoms. That doesn't fit the context properly.

Is there another way of understanding this verse? What is your view?

With best regards.
ephraim724
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 28 Jun 2008, 3:34 pm

Dear Ephraim

Thank you for your question. Here is your answer:

Answer # 1

Bible is no Textbook of science that you read scientific terms like atoms, genes, embryology and such others. However, at the same time the Bible isn’t per se a science book, but when it speaks about scientific issues, it is always 100 percent accurate.

Answer # 2

Hebrews 11:3 talks of the creator and the creation. "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Hebrews 11:3.

The verse tells us that through faith we confess that the worlds were framed by the Word of God. As John tells us that Jesus is the Word of God.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4)
Now coming to the second part of the verse so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. All living things contain in their cells the DNA molecule that carries the information (genetic instructions) for making all aspects of that creature and all this information is in the first fertilized cell of each kind of creature. Amoeba DNA has no information for making hooves, hair, tails and eyes, but horse DNA does. Alligator DNA has no genetic information for producing feathers, hollow bones and one-way lung systems, but eagles do. Some DNA information is common to many different kinds of creatures, but there are also differences.

“There is no known law of nature, no known process and no known sequence of events which can cause information to originate by itself in matter.” (Werner Gitt, In the Beginning was Information, p. 107, CLV, Bielefeld, Germany, 1997.)

God supernaturally made different “kinds” of plants and animals during the first six literal days of history and that He endowed those creatures with the genetic information to produce enormous varieties within the original kinds but not the ability to change into a different kind.

Dear Ephraim, these scientific proofs are regarding Darwin's theory of evolution. Bible says nothing evolved, it was God who created each and everything and therefore nothing evolved. Horse did not change its mind to become a fish neither apes thought of changing themselves on their free will to become humans.

Let us take this whole scenario in a different way. Adam was made from dust, can you tell how dust was made or what matter was used to make the dust from? Therefore, the things we see are form of invisible things.

I hope I have answered your question.

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ephraim724 Sat 28 Jun 2008, 7:45 pm

That was fine. God IS the Creator.
I agree with you that Bible is not some science book to use terms like that, but when it comes to the statements of the Bible, they are scientifically accurate.

My problem with the stated scientific proof is 'misapplication of the scripture'.
I think so because that doesn't fit the context properly.
I do not see the concept of 'things made of invisible particles' here and any need of its explanation by the writer in that context.

" Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Hebrews 11:3.

We may not substitute Christ in all the places where Word is used. Word may mean Promise(n), Command(v), Account(n) etc. Here the word of God may be "Let there be........." or His Plan/Purpose.

In the above verse, 'the worlds' are the things we see.........things which are seen,
'the word of God' is the thing which we cannot see (that is God's Plan/Purpose is in His mind)...........were not made of things which do appear.

We haven't seen it but we still believe that God framed the worlds by His Word and that is Faith.

With Best Regards.

ephraim724
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 28 Jun 2008, 8:50 pm

It is your opinion and you have all the right to agree or disagree. However, I do not agree that Word of God in Hebrews 11:3 is not Jesus Christ.
For by him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether they are kings, lords, rulers, or powers. All things have been created through him and for him. (Colossians 1:16)
Now compare it with
John 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Romans 11:36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.
By faith we understand that time was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was made from things that are invisible. (Hebrews 11:3)

Now tell me who created the worlds from invisible things. You need to know the context first and then comment on the it. What Hebrews 11:3 says is that all visible things were made from invisible things by Jesus Christ who is called Word of God.

God is not a thing, and please do not confuse yourself with definitions. No dictionary or reference dictionary call God "a thing". And I gave you a detailed explanation in my previous post, so as I say, you have all the right to agree or disagree. But to disagree you must come up with some solid logic and reasioning.

My question is still there to be answered by you Let us take this whole scenario in a different way. Adam was made from dust, can you tell how dust was made or what matter was used to make the dust from? Therefore, the things we see are form of invisible things.

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ephraim724 Sun 29 Jun 2008, 6:15 am

It is your opinion and you have all the right to agree or disagree.

Hold on Daniel! Is there any need for us to be this way so early?
Let us discuss with patience and I like that.

I have no right to disagree if that is the Truth and I do not mind my explanation being disproved by anyone.
All I need is Truth. If my view is wrong then let me know the Truth but I want you to approach my explanation from a neutral, unbiased point of view and then decide whether it is wrong.

Let me quote the verse again:

" Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by
the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things
which do appear.
" Hebrews 11:3.

Does it say made of or made up of ?
I think there is difference.

Also, the verse says the worlds and I believe that you know the way the word is used in the Bible. It sometimes meant ages or times or the system and sometimes meant the physical earth or the creation altogether.

Notice the verse you quoted (I donot know the version)

By faith we understand that time was created by the word of
God, so that what is seen was made from things that are invisible.
(Hebrews 11:3)

It says time was created. See..... here it means 'ages'.
According to the verse you quoted, Is Time made up of invisible particles?

Romans 11:36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

This verse talks about the Father who is the Creator.

Yes, Jesus is sometimes been referenced as Creator such as by whom are all things(1 Corinthians 8:6)

We must not confuse every verse by applying it to the Creation in Genesis 1 and 2.
God created man.
Man disobeyed God and died(spiritually) and the relationship was broken.
The relationship between man and God is restored by Jesus Christ who sacrificed Himself so that the died(spiritually) man may live, so that Jesus is the Creator in a way He gave life to man and restored the creation to Father.

But to disagree you must come up with some solid logic and reasioning.

I do not see any need for this type of statement brother.

With Best Regards.
ephraim724
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 29 Jun 2008, 9:13 am

Dear Ephraim

I don't think I was rude but I do not want to write things again and again for you, so that you come up with nothing. You are challenging the basis of the Bible. I quoted you Colossian 1 which you never discussed on, I asked a question which you never answered. Certainly I do understand that word used in the Bible does not always apply to Jesus but the context of the verse makes it clear and no one is so dumb.
...For by Him (Jesus Christ) all things were created: things in heavens and on earth, visible and invisible...(Colossians 1:15-16)
You are denying Jesus as Creator by saying
Ephraim wrote:This verse talks about the Father who is the Creator.

Yes, Jesus is sometimes been referenced as Creator such as by whom are all things(1 Corinthians 8:6)

We must not confuse every verse by applying it to the Creation in Genesis 1 and 2.
God created man.
Will you please explain this verse, Then God said,, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,...(Genesis 1:26)"

"Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil." (Genesis 3:22)

Now coming back to the verse of Hebrews 11:3, let me quote Barnes commentary here:
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed - The first instance of the strength of faith which the apostle refers to is that by which we give credence to the declarations in the Scriptures about the work of creation; Gen 1:1. This is selected first, evidently because it is the first thing that occurs in the Bible, or is the first thing there narrated in relation to which there is the exercise of faith.

We understand - We attain to the apprehension of; we receive and comprehend the idea. Our knowledge of this fact is derived only from faith, and not from our own reasoning

That the worlds - In Gen 1:1, it is “the heaven and the earth.” The phrase which the apostle uses denotes a plurality of worlds, and is proof that he supposed there were other worlds besides our earth. How far his knowledge extended on this point, we have no means of ascertaining, but there is no reason to doubt that he regarded the stars as “worlds” in some respects like our own.

Were framed - It is observable that the apostle does not here use the word “make or create.” That which he does use - καταρτίζω katartizō - means to put in order, to arrange, to complete, and may be applied to that which before had an existence, and which is to be put in order, or re-fitted; Mat_4:24; Mar_1:19; Mat_21:6; Heb_10:5. The meaning here is, that they “were set in order” by the Word of God. This implies the act of creation, but the specific idea is that of “arranging” them in the beautiful order in which they are now. Doddridge renders it “adjusted.” Kuinoel, however, supposes that the word is used here in the sense of “form, or make.” It has probably about the meaning which we attach to the phrase “fitting up anything,” as, for example, a dwelling, and includes all the previous arrangements, though the thing which is particularly denoted is not the making, but the arrangemenent. So in the work here referred to. “We arrive at the conviction that the universe was prepared or arranged in the present manner by the Word of God.”

By the word of God - This does not mean here, by the “Logos,” or the second person of the Trinity, for Paul does not use that term here or elsewhere. The word which he employs is ῥῆμα rēma - “rema” - meaning properly a word spoken, and in this place “command;” compare Gen_1:3, Gen_1:6,Gen_1:9, Gen_1:11, Gen_1:14, Gen_1:20; Psa_33:6. “By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.” In regard to the agency of the Son of God in the work of the creation, see the notes on Heb_1:2; compare the notes on Joh_1:3.

So that things which are seen - The point of the remark here is, that the visible creation was not moulded out of pre-existing materials, but was made out of nothing. In reference to the grammatical construction of the passage, see Stuart, Commentary in loc. The doctrine taught is, that matter was not eternal; that the materials of the universe, as well as the arrangement, were formed by God, and that all this was done by a simple command. The “argument” here, so far as it is adapted to the purpose of the apostle, seems to be, that there was nothing which “appeared,” or which was to be “seen,” that could lay the foundation of a belief that God made the worlds; and in like manner our faith now is not to be based on what; “appears,” by which we could infer or reason out what would be, but that we must exercise strong confidence in Him who had power to create the universe out of nothing. If this vast universe has been called into existence by the mere word of God, there is nothing which we may not believe he has ample power to perform.

Regarding "word of God" or "command of God" as Barnes has pointed out. Let us look at the following verse:

And God said, "Let there be light." and there was light. God saw that the light was good and He separated the light from the darkness...(Genesis 1:3-5)

Whom did God say, "Let there be light"? Now remember the word "God" used is Elohim (plural)

Regarding your English Language suggestion - "made up of" and "made of" are same. Like water is made of hydrogen and oxygen, whereas you can also use "water is made up of" hydrogen and oxygen.

God bless you and your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ephraim724 Sun 29 Jun 2008, 10:29 am

Will you please explain this verse, Then God said,, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,...(Genesis 1:26)"

"Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil." (Genesis 3:22)

Consider the verse:
"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding . Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Job 38:4-7.

They were certainly Angels. God was speaking with angels for they carry out the commands of God and act in His Name.
One more thing, a plural word doesn't suggest duality. There may be thousand thousands of mighty angelic beings who were with God when He laid the foundations of the earth.

I don't think I was rude

I didn't think that you were rude. I apologize if my post seemed so.

I quoted you Colossian 1 which you never discussed on, I asked a question which you never answered.

Let me quote it again:
"For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him: And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist. Colossians 1:16,17.

......were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth.....
What about the heaven and the earth?
Things that are in heaven and that are in earth suggests the restoration to God rather than the original creation and excludes the literal heaven and earth.

Regarding your English Language suggestion - "made up of" and "made of" are same. Like water is made of hydrogen and oxygen, whereas you can also use "water is made up of" hydrogen and oxygen.

Well you see..........language is deceiving. It seems correct and it seems wrong.

And God said, "Let there be light." and there was light. God saw that the light was good and He separated the light from the darkness...(Genesis 1:3-5)

Whom did God say, "Let there be light"?

Frankly, I do not exactly know but I guess some possibilities..
-->That might be a command to the Angels.
-->That might be just the command of God which made things appear out of nothing by themselves.
-->That might be the Plan/Purpose in His mind which was executed as soon as He willed it to happen.

You see...With God all things are possible.

With best regards.
ephraim724
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 29 Jun 2008, 3:15 pm

Ephraim wrote:They were certainly Angels. God was speaking with angels for they carry out the commands of God and act in His Name.
One more thing, a plural word doesn't suggest duality. There may be thousand thousands of mighty angelic beings who were with God when He laid the foundations of the earth.
You are implying that Jesus was not there at that time and Holy Spirit was absent.

What happened to Adam when he sinned? Who brought Adam back in the presence of God? Must be angels according to you.
Ephraim wrote:......were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth.....
What about the heaven and the earth?
Things that are in heaven and that are in earth suggests the restoration to God rather than the original creation and excludes the literal heaven and earth.
What is heaven and earth and what is there in heaven and on earth?
Ephraim wrote:You see...With God all things are possible.
Why can't Jesus and Holy Spirit be put in your assumed possibility?

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ephraim724 Sun 29 Jun 2008, 4:15 pm

You are implying that Jesus was not there at that time and Holy Spirit was absent.

Well, that was not the implication.

Are you aware of the fact that we deviated from the topic and are heading ourselves towards a meaningless debate?

I had it many times (in other forums, in Orkut communities) and I do not want it to be repeated again.

I explained some things only because you asked me to comment on certain verses. All I wanted is to discuss the first scientific proof you stated that the writer of Hebrews was talking about "concept of matter made of invisible particles".

Well, I haven't seen the concept there.

What happened to Adam when he sinned? Who brought Adam back in the presence of God? Must be angels according to you.

Why do you think that? I already told that it was Christ Jesus (on the cross).

What is heaven and earth and what is there in heaven and on earth?

I want you to have a little more patience in reading my reply.

Why can't Jesus and Holy Spirit be put in your assumed possibility?

Why should I?

With best regards.
ephraim724
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 29 Jun 2008, 4:54 pm

Sorry if you think that I reply your posts without reading them. Yes I do not agree that we have deviated from the topic, we are still discussing creation. I may have short memory, will you please let me know, where you mentioned this statement
Ephraim wrote:Why do you think that? I already told that it was Christ Jesus (on the cross).
May be I have over looked this statement. However, I used various sources to explain you Hebrews 11:3, it is you who do not agree with anything.

I asked a question, "Why can't Jesus and Holy Spirit be put in your assumed possibility". I asked this question because you are maintaining that it was God and angels who created everything and Jesus and Holy Spirit had no part. Your answer to my question is the proof
Ephraim wrote:Why should I?
I would like to discuss Genesis again and prove how wrong are you in your complacency.
In the beginning God (Elohym) created heaven and earth...(Genesis 1-5)
Are angels gods? I think you and I will agree that angels are not gods. Secondly, no where in the Bible plural pronoun is used to show power and authority. Even Jesus never used pronoun for Himself The words that I speak to you are spirit; and they are life. (John 6:63) So this matter is out of question.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters (Genesis 1:2)
Now in first two verses of Genesis, you have Elohym and Spirit of God (Holy Spirit), so how can you say that "Why should I?" Therefore, I would say, your theory is far fetched and is out of Bible.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4)
This text tells us that someone was with God "in the beginning." It also tells us that this someone made "all things!" Who is this someone? (The "Word.") Now this verse will prove you wrong again
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. (John 1:14-15)
What do we learn from the above verses and the plural God(s) who created the earth? (Jesus ("The Word"), the Spirit of God and God the Father.)
Ephraim wrote:Are you aware of the fact that we deviated from the topic and are heading ourselves towards a meaningless debate? I had it many times (in other forums, in Orkut communities) and I do not want it to be repeated again. I explained some things only because you asked me to comment on certain verses. All I wanted is to discuss the first scientific proof you stated that the writer of Hebrews was talking about "concept of matter made of invisible particles".
I have only one answer for this Do not go beyond what is written (1 Corinthians 4:6) You really went beyond what is written in the Bible, when you answered my question Why can't Jesus and Holy Spirit be put in your assumed possibility?
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ephraim724 Sun 29 Jun 2008, 6:22 pm

I may have short memory, will you please let me know, where you mentioned this statement

Ephraim wrote:Why do you think that? I already told that it was Christ Jesus (on the cross).

You can find it in my third post like this:

Man disobeyed God and died(spiritually) and the relationship was broken.
The relationship between man and God is restored by Jesus Christ who sacrificed Himself so that the died(spiritually) man may live,

Now in first two verses of Genesis, you have Elohym and Spirit of God (Holy Spirit), so how can you say that "Why should I?" Therefore, I would say, your theory is far fetched and is out of Bible.

Daniel, you will mention Spirit of God along with God only if you believe that God and His Spirit are different which is much like you and your spirit are different.
When I am talking to you, I am talking to your spirit right? I am not talking just to a body which is separated from its spirit right?

There is no, in fact there was no my theory.

This text tells us that someone was with God "in the beginning." It also tells us that this someone made "all things!" Who is this someone? (The "Word.") Now this verse will prove you wrong again

Why do you go to the Creation account whenever "In the beginning..." phrase is found?

Please explain this verse:
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth,..... John 8:44.

Tell me the time when the devil began to be a murderer.(?)

What do we learn from the above verses and the plural God(s) who created the earth? (Jesus ("The Word"), the Spirit of God and God the Father.)

I learned that God is the Creator. I do not see the necessity or demand in the scripture (especially the account of Genesis) of dividing God into as many persons as desired.

I have only one answer for this Do not go beyond what is written (1 Corinthians 4:6) You really went beyond what is written in the Bible, when you answered my question Why can't Jesus and Holy Spirit be put in your assumed possibility?

I am truly in my senses when I answered that and I think I have the Spirit of God.

With best regards.
ephraim724
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 29 Jun 2008, 7:28 pm

Ephraim wrote:Please explain this verse:
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth,..... John 8:44. Tell me the time when the devil began to be a murderer.(?)
Here is your answer; That is, from the beginning of the world, or in the first records of him he is thus represented. This refers to the seduction of Adam and Eve. Death was denounced against sin, Gen 2:17. The devil deceived Adam and Eve, and they became subject to death, Gen. 3. As he was the cause why death came into the world, he may be said to have been a murderer in that act, or from the beginning.
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (Romans 5:12)

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (Revelation 12:9)
I would like to comment on the John 8:44 because I have proved to you the beginning and now let me comment on the later part of the verse
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. (John 8:44)

He speaketh of his own
The word “own” is in the plural number, and means of the things that are appropriate to him, or that belong to his nature. His speaking falsehood is originated by his own propensities or disposition; he utters the expressions of his genuine character.

He is a liar
As when he deceived Adam, and in his deceiving, as far as possible, the world, and dragging man down to perdition.

The father of it
The father or originator of falsehood. The word “it” refers to lie or falsehood understood. From him falsehood first proceeded, and all liars possess his spirit and are under his influence. As the Jews refused to hear the truth which Jesus spoke, so they showed that they were the children of the father of lies.

I strongly believe that you must read Bible and you must read Bible after praying to God for wisdom and guidance.
Ephraim wrote:Daniel, you will mention Spirit of God along with God only if you believe that God and His Spirit are different which is much like you and your spirit are different. When I am talking to you, I am talking to your spirit right? I am not talking just to a body which is separated from its spirit right?
Read Bible so that you may have some understanding.
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Mathew 3:16-17)
Your theory goes wrong again.

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ephraim724 Mon 30 Jun 2008, 5:38 am

Daniel, you must agree now that our discussion is heading towards a meaningless debate.
I've gone through same situations before and hence I know it.

Finally, you are an advocate to Trinity.
I've never dreamt of landing on Trinity doctrine when I started to ask about the scientific proof you stated.

Thanks for your time brother. I've read other threads in this forum and you are doing a great job. Keep going.

With best regards.
ephraim724
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlelamb Mon 30 Jun 2008, 4:49 pm

Dear Ephraim, can you agree that JESUS is the WORD?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Can you agree that HE is the ALPHA and OMEGA?

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Can you see HE IS the BEGINNING and the END?

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Did you know that the FATHER, said to behold HIS SON?

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Did HE not send us a comforter?

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. 25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Yes, there is "the Trinity". You cannot deny the WORD of the LORD.

We are warned in:

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

As Christians, we must understand what this means.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

It is to our best interest, not to twist scriptures, to fit our own meaning, but to seek the LORD to guide us, through HIS SON'S WORD, and through the HOLY SPIRIT.

May the LORD bless you.
Littlelamb
Littlelamb
Christian Talk Moderators

Female

Number of posts : 227
Profession : Admin of 2 forums, Children's Church Ministry
Hobbies : The BIBLE and the STUDY which I apply to life.
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 05 Jul 2008, 12:30 am

Ephraim wrote:Finally, you are an advocate to Trinity.
I've never dreamt of landing on Trinity doctrine when I started to ask about the scientific proof you stated.
Sorry for the nightmare you had in joining CHRISTIAN TALK. As in the rules, it says that it is purely a Christian site, so what would you expect from a Christian site - we preach the Gospel in name of Father, Son and the Holy Spirit as commanded by our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ.
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain, where Jesus has told them to go. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted. The Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earrth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything, I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Mathew 28:16-20)
Dear Ephraim, we as Christians, preach the Gospel. Personally speaking, I would never like to among the doubters but I would be among the ones who obey commands of Jesus. If we obey what He commanded us, then His promise And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age is fulfilled.

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  ephraim724 Sat 05 Jul 2008, 7:30 am

Daniel,
My problem is not with any traditional doctrine of Christianity.
My problem is with our discussion.
I didn't want to discuss any thing other than the topic "15 Scientific facts in the Bible". If any reply seemed to deviate me from the topic I wanted to discuss, I evaded from responding because I wanted to justify the name of the topic. That was the reason I stopped responding but unwillingly.

I've gone through the rules of CHRISTIAN TALK even before registering my name in this forum and I remember the RULES perfectly well. I am a christian too and am well aware of the different doctrines taught by different denominations.

My concern is the way we ended our discussion.

The Holy Bible should not be misapplied. I've gone through Hebrews 11:3 so many times (to see if your argument was right) but I haven't found your statement(proof of matter made of Invisible particles) meeting any of the parameters to fit in the context.

Dear Ephraim, we as Christians, preach the Gospel. Personally speaking, I would never like to among the doubters but I would be among the ones who obey commands of Jesus.

I am NOT a Skeptic. I am a Believer.
Reasoning the Scriptures in Belief is different from Reasoning the Scriptures in Unbelief and I reason the scriptures in Belief.
I do not believe in any statement(concerning things related to the Bible) made by any man (even if that was a Bible commentary or a sermon) if that was out of the Bible.

With Best Regards.
ephraim724
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

15 Scientific Facts in the Bible Empty Hey

Post  Common Sun 14 Sep 2008, 10:31 pm

Hi Daniel. This was VERY WELL written and I want you to give yourself a pat on the back because you did an excellent job. I always like looking at stuff like this and I'm glad for this forum. Thanks again. God bless.
Common
Common
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Female

Number of posts : 70
Profession : CSP in-training
Hobbies : Learning, Bible Study, Reading; Dancing? ;)
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  lovingdove Mon 15 Sep 2008, 4:48 pm

Blessings common and welcome, are you really 14 years old, if yes then you are really blessed and may God keep you blessing day by day, second by second and use you as a vessel of glorification.

In our Lord and Savior
lovingdove
lovingdove
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 78
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Common Tue 16 Sep 2008, 12:19 am

Hi Dove. Uh...yeah, I'm 14. Probably the youngest here on this forum. I hope to be a blessing to everyone myself. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Common
Common
Christian Talk Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 16 Sep 2008, 1:37 pm

Wow! So we have a very young woman as our member and I feel blessed to know you. You are more than welcome to preach us and teach us all and I am looking forward to learn from you.

May God bless you and your family.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Common Tue 16 Sep 2008, 10:41 pm

cherry Thanks!
Common
Common
Christian Talk Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down