Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bible says no one can see God and live

Go down

Bible says no one can see God and live Empty Bible says no one can see God and live

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 09 Jan 2009, 5:19 pm

“But He [God] said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!" (Exodus 33:20)

Although this verse says that no one has seen God and lived. On the other hand there are verses that claim that Abram (Abraham), Issac, Jacob, Moses, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel.

“Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty ; Walk before Me, and be blameless; (Genesis17:1)

Other References: Genesis 18:1, Exodus 6:2-3, Exodus 24:9-11, Numbers 12:6-8, ACTS 7:2

One thing that is to note is that all these people did not see God in a vision or a dream but met God face to face. So what is the confusion here?

There is certainly no confusion, and it is true that no one has Heavenly Father and Jesus confirmed to it.

Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. (John 6:46)

So whom did they see and called God? It was Jesus Christ because once Adam and Eve were banished from the presence of Heavenly Father, it was Jesus who kept on guiding mankind before appearing personally Himself on earth.

If we look at the Gospel of according to John, in the first chapter, John writes

IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God [b]Himself. {John 1:1 Amplified Version}

John clearly points out Word as Jesus and God as Heavenly Father. In verse 14; And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth. (John 1:14)

Now if we look at verse 18 of the same chapter, it clearly says; No man has ever seen God at any time; the only [e]unique Son, or [f]the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known] (John 1:18 Amplified Version)

Therefore, it was Jesus before His incarnation met Abram (Abraham), Moses and others.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Bible says no one can see God and live 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com