Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Gag Rule Gone

3 posters

Go down

Global Gag Rule Gone Empty Global Gag Rule Gone

Post  ChristianLady Fri 23 Jan 2009, 7:36 pm

Officials: Obama to reverse abortion policy

WASHINGTON – In a long-expected move, President Barack Obama plans to sign an executive order ending the ban on federal funds for international groups that perform abortions or provide information on the option, officials told The Associated Press on Friday.

Liberal groups welcomed the decision while abortion rights foes criticized the president. Known as the "Mexico City policy," the ban has been reinstated and then reversed by Republican and Democratic presidents since GOP President Ronald Reagan established it in 1984. President Bill Clinton ended the ban in 1993, but President George W. Bush re-instituted it in 2001 as one of his first acts in office.

The policy bans U.S. taxpayer money, usually in the form of U.S. Agency for International Development funds, from going to international family planning groups that either offer abortions or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion. It is also known as the "global gag rule," because it prohibits taxpayer funding for groups that lobby to legalize abortion or promote it as a family planning method.

The Democratic official and senior U.S. official who disclosed the plans did so on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to pre-empt Obama's announcement.

Yahoo News
ChristianLady
ChristianLady
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Global Gag Rule Gone 110

Back to top Go down

Global Gag Rule Gone Empty Re: Global Gag Rule Gone

Post  servant Sat 24 Jan 2009, 2:07 pm

-

Last edited by servant on Fri 27 Feb 2009, 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
servant
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 87
Hobbies : Deep Bible Study
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 24 Jan 2009, 3:53 pm

I do not know whether Obama is Anti-Christ or not but this I know that I really do not trust him. I watched his Inaugural Ceremony live on Fox News and National Prayer Service. I found the Prayer service to be a big joke as Dr. Sharon gave the sermon. She could not find any reference from the Bible but she found great wisdom in a Red Indian Folklore where she talks of two wolves.

She even found wisdom in Gandhi sayings and she did not know that Gandhi mostly credited Bible to his name. Moreover, Jesus' name was missing and all of them felt ashamed of Jesus' name. No prayer is complete without Jesus' name and no prayer is accepted without Jesus' name.

I feel Obama's decision on Guantanamo Bay closure is really a step to please muslim world. I still remember that in 1998, an Indian Airline was hijacked by muslim terrorists and was taken to Kandahar. They demanded the release of a Terrorist and Indian government had to give in as they started killing people on board. Now the same very person who hijacked the plane was mastermind of 911. So if this prison is closed, then what will happen to all those who are held over there? Do we see another 911 again?

One thing more, Obama talks of creating 1.3 million jobs. The idea is that struggling banks will be nationalised. I think creating jobs this way will surely fireback and Obama will be a huge embarassment to USA. He has no vision and he is like a hen without a head right now.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChristianLady Sat 24 Jan 2009, 5:21 pm

I absolutely agree with you, I also do not like him at all.
ChristianLady
ChristianLady
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content