Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why won't God heal amputees?

+3
song
annlovesjesus
faith
7 posters

Go down

Why won't God heal amputees? Empty Why won't God heal amputees?

Post  faith Thu 05 Feb 2009, 7:28 am

I was browsing Internet when I came across this Atheist website http://www.whywontgodhealamputees.com/ and read the article, "Is God real, or is he imaginary?". I want to understand this question in the light of what the Bible says. The article says;

Is God real, or is he imaginary? It is one of the most important questions you can ask yourself.

If God is real and if God inspired the Bible, then we should worship God as the Bible demands. We should certainly post the Ten Commandments in our courthouses and shopping centers, put "In God We Trust" on the money and pray in our schools. We should focus our society on God and his infallible Word because our everlasting souls hang in the balance.

On the other hand, if God is imaginary, then religion is a complete illusion. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are pointless. Belief in God is nothing but a silly superstition, and this superstition leads a significant portion of the population to be delusional how can we decide, conclusively, whether God is real or imaginary?

Since we are intelligent human beings living in the 21st century, we should take the
time to look at some data. That is what we are doing when we ask, "Why won't God heal amputees?"

If you are an intelligent human being, and if you want to understand the true nature
of God, you owe it to yourself to ask, "Why won't God heal amputees?"

I hope to find the answer and I will also search Internet to look for the answer and hope to find the answer as I also pray for the answer.
faith
faith
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Warning : Why won't God heal amputees? 110

Back to top Go down

Why won't God heal amputees? Empty Re: Why won't God heal amputees?

Post  annlovesjesus Thu 05 Feb 2009, 7:34 am

I believe that Bible is very clear on the topic and here is what Bible says;

In Luke 7:22 Jesus said... "Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached."

Here is your answer, atheists only try to twist verses to mislead others.
annlovesjesus
annlovesjesus
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  song Thu 05 Feb 2009, 7:37 am

Peter healed a lame person and it is recorded in the Book of ACTS "And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus." (ACTS 3:12-13)
song
song
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastor Thu 05 Feb 2009, 7:44 am

This is a nice question and I think it will become interesting as we will get answers from others members. Jesus Christ performed His miracles to prove His deity (John 15:24,25). Healing comes through faith and petitions made to God and healing does not come as a sign for non-believers to believe in God. This is no Birthday magic show that the magician does tricks to entertain children.

God's will is supreme and all Kings, Presidents, men with authority, poor believers and non-believers all surrender to His will. An intelligent person has to just look around and see the miracles of God. If they cannot see these wonderful works of God, what miracle will make them believe.

I believe that we need God in our lives, so we must believe in God. There are many testimonies of lame walking and they are also recorded digitally. If they have closed their eyes, then who can open them up.
Pastor
Pastor
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 99
Marital Status : Still Looking

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 07 Feb 2009, 9:38 am

I would say that this question is put up in cunning and deception to deceive believers in thinking "what is wrong?". This is done so brilliantly that many minds would turn twisting looking for the answer.

First

If you are an intelligent human being, and if you want to understand the true nature
of God, you owe it to yourself to ask, "Why won't God heal amputees?"

Why won't God heal amputees? This question is incorrect because an amputee cannot be healed. Can an amputated arm be healed? I do not think that it is possible. The question should have been, Why won't God create limbs of amputees? I think this would have been a fair question.

Second
Atheist see Faith Healers healing sickness and disease through the Power and Authority of Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ. Now let us see, what dominion Jesus gave disciples and us to do;

Go and announce to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure the lepers, and cast out demons...(Mathew 10:7-8)

Jesus gave us power and authority to:

• Preach
  • Heal
  • Cast out demons

Conclusion
This is in God's nature to create and He did not share this power with humans. We see in the Gospels that Jesus created eyes;

Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes. "Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing. His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, "Isn't this the same man who used to sit and beg?" Some claimed that he was.

Others said, "No, he only looks like him."
But he himself insisted, "I am the man."

How then were your eyes opened?" they demanded.

He replied, "The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see." (John 9:6-11)

In this miracle Jesus used the dust of the earth to create eyes. Now remember this blind man was blind from birth and his eyes were not formed and Jesus did not heal his sight or in other words restored his eyes as we see in Mathew 9:27-31;

...Then Jesus touched their eyes and said, “Let it happen, then, just as you believe!”—and their sight was restored. Jesus spoke sternly to them, “Don’t tell this to anyone!”... (Mathew 9:27-31)

We are not creators rather we are followers of the Creator, who used dust to create Adam, used dust to create eyes of the blind man who was born blind. There is a difference in using God's powers to heal sickness and disease and in creating body parts. We are not given this authority and this only belongs to God the Creator of Heavens and Earth and whatever is in it.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Common Sat 07 Feb 2009, 9:49 pm

Very very interesting and good point Daniel.

I am sure you would not mind if I posted it on my website, with of course siting the source of which I got it.

-Thank you.

Smile
Common
Common
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Female

Number of posts : 70
Profession : CSP in-training
Hobbies : Learning, Bible Study, Reading; Dancing? ;)
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 08 Feb 2009, 3:16 am

Dear Common

I told you that you can take anything from here and you do not even have to give reference. Please do take whatever I write because God has no copyrights. His love is for everyone and Jesus said "Freely you have received freely give".
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatima Sun 08 Feb 2009, 3:51 am

Thank you Daniel for explaining it and I did not know the answer was so simple. When I read the article, I frantically browsed through websites and there were many answers but I was not satisfied with the answer. Some said it occurs due to faith, some said disciples were given this authority as Peter healed a lame and some gave some other explanation. I agree that this is a baseless question to confuse our faith.
Fatima
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  faith Sun 08 Feb 2009, 3:59 am

Thank you all for your input and thank you Daniel for making it easy for me to understand the answer. I would say, it is amazing how satan sow his seed of doubt in our hearts.
faith
faith
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down