Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgiving HURTS

Go down

Forgiving HURTS Empty Forgiving HURTS

Post  Waqar Daniel Wed 27 Jun 2007, 5:59 pm

Greetings, peace and blessings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Put on therefore, as God's elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, longsuffering; forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye: and above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness. [Colossians 3:12-14]

I am always amazed how some people try to justify an angry, unforgiving heart. They may believe that the good Lord understands why they feel a certain way because God is All-knowing. God surely understands our emotions and how we feel about someone's attitude, but He doesn?t approve of our behavior, poised at paying evil with evil.

Jesus faced appalling betrayal and abandonment. He knows human emotions inside and out. But He doesn?t agree with an unforgiving attitude. The Savior had a God-centered view of forgiveness that withstood horrifying torture. We should thank God for this every morning. Why? Because we?re the ones who betray the Lord each and every second of our lives.

I know there are times, either we cannot stand an abusive behavior of a colleague, neighbor, or anyone. But Jesus? response to such kind of abuse is in Matthew 11:28, He says, ?Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.? When Jesus has called us to share our grief with Him, then I don't think we are justified for an unforgiving heart and behavior under any circumstance.

When we put excuses for our unforgiving heart, God will surely say, ?Look at the Cross.? At cross of Jesus Christ we discover the price Jesus paid to forgive us.

We need a forgiving and forgetting heart because ?Just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.? Colossians 3:13 Just as we have been forgiven, we must now become forgivers. This is the way we should be in Jesus.

There was a time, when every prayer was ended with the Lord's Prayer. But then it vanished. Now people do not end their prayers with the Lord's Prayer because many say, it repeats the prayer said earlier. In my humble opinion, it vanished from Church Services and personal prayers because it had a condition for forgiveness of our sins.

And forgive us our debts [fig., sins], in the same way as _we _ also forgive our debtors [fig., the ones having sinned against us].
[Mathew 6:12] Analytical-Literal Translation

In our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Waqar Daniel
Lahore, Pakistan
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study