Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songwriting ( Part 2) Discipline and Perseverance

Go down

Songwriting  ( Part 2) Discipline and Perseverance Empty Songwriting ( Part 2) Discipline and Perseverance

Post  Fenny West Mon 02 Mar 2009, 10:00 pm

Discipline and Perseverance -what does it take?

It requires discipline and perseverance and practice to writing a song that is enduring - a test of time. For the beginner you have to accept the reality that you will write many songs that you cannot write home about before you write a hit. And that is, if you persevere. No matter how talented one is, there is a need to polish and hone that talent to such a degree that it becomes a rose among thorns. As a songwriter for over ten years now, I admit I have written many none-songs than songs. But it does not discourage me. How else do you learn to write unless you write? As a songwriter and a beginner at that, you must be prepare for many rejections and be able to soldier on regardless. Also, only very few people make a living out of song writing. So do something else whilst you work at your song writing on the side until the breakthrough comes. I did accountancy, education and some menial work on the side while waiting for the breakthrough.
I have had to rework some songs several times before recording them in a studio.
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Country : Songwriting  ( Part 2) Discipline and Perseverance RedCross-1

Warning : Songwriting  ( Part 2) Discipline and Perseverance 110