Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Baptism

2 posters

Go down

Water Baptism Empty Water Baptism

Post  Pastor Fri 13 Mar 2009, 5:21 pm

I Peter 3:21 reads, “The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now SAVE us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”
A series of questions usually arise in Water Baptism: “What is the Biblical way of doing it?” Is baptism performed by sprinkling? Or is it by immersion in water? Is it using the TITLES of Father, Son and Holy Ghost (Matt. 28:19), or using the NAME of the Lord Jesus Christ? (Acts 2:38)?

The Bible cannot contradict itself for it is the Word of God. What we need today is a revelation from Almighty God in order to for us to understand and dovetail every word in it correctly. Let us therefore take a closer look upon this all-time controversial issue.

The word “baptize” originated from the Greek Word “baptizo” which means to “IMMERSE” in water. For the first thirteen hundred years from the death of Christ, baptism was always performed by IMMERSION of the person UNDER WATER.

Acts 8:39 states this, “And they went both DOWN INTO the WATER, both Philip and the Eunuch; and he baptized him”. John 3:23 also states, “John also was baptizing at Aeneon because there was MUCH WATER there” . “They came up OUT OF THE WATER” (Acts 8:39).

It is therefore evident from these very scriptures that Water Baptism was originally performed by “immersion” of the individual person underwater.
Pastor
Pastor
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 99
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Warning : Water Baptism 110

Back to top Go down

Water Baptism Empty Re: Water Baptism

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 13 Mar 2009, 8:19 pm

Thank you Pastor for this information, it was quite informative and specially the meaning you gave of "Baptism" was quite interesting and informative.

I would like to add that after accepting Jesus as our LORD and Savior and we get water baptism and cleansed from our sins and old life, similarly, if we look at the story of Noah and flood, it gives us a picture of water baptism and a new life.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Water Baptism 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com