Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus the Savior

Go down

Jesus the Savior Empty Jesus the Savior

Post  AngelicSmile Mon 08 Jun 2009, 7:37 pm

With God the Father in the beginning
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4)

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. (John 17:5)
There was no point at which Christ suddenly came into being or began a relationship with God. Jesus is eternal.

Word made Flesh
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. (1 Timothy 3:16)
Christ did not “appear” as a man, but humanity was added to His deity when He became “flesh.”

Image of Invisible God
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. (Colossians 1:15-17)
Christ is the perfect manifestation of God—the very substance and embodiment of the Creator.

Mediator between God and Man
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)
There is only one way to approach God—through the Son of Man who gave Himself as a ransom for mankind.

Head over All Things
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11)
Christ’s name is not simply a title. It refers to His position of highest dignity and honor at the Father’s right hand.

Light of the World
In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. (John 1:4-5)

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. (John 9:5)
From the beginning, God desired to have a personal relationship with man, bringing him out of the darkness of evil, sin, and ignorance. Christ is the only true Light.

Anointed One
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. (Luke 4:18-19)
He was the Messiah who would bring the long promised Kingdom of God.

The Good Shepherd
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. (John 10:4)
Jesus has an intimacy and personal interest in protecting His “sheep” from all harm.

Bread of Life
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. (John 6:35)
Jesus is an essential staple for our lives, providing an everlasting satisfaction.

Healer and Forgiver
When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only? And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts? Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house. (Luke 2:5-11)
Forgiveness is always associated with God. Jesus has authority to heal broken lives—spiritually as well as physically.

The Way, the Truth, the Life
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. (John 10:9)
Access to God the Father, can come only from the One who is from the Father.

The Resurrection of Life
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25-26)
Jesus, the Lord of Life, offers eternal life. With authority, He holds the keys of death.

AngelicSmile
AngelicSmile
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Jesus the Savior 110

Back to top Go down