Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pray in Times of Trouble

Go down

Pray in Times of Trouble Empty Pray in Times of Trouble

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 20 Jul 2010, 3:54 pm

When hard times fall on us, we normally keep thinking what should we do, we spend sleepless nights and look for solutions for our troubles. However we need to put our thinking and plans into supplications to God the Most High. Bible guides us how to remember God in times of trouble.
"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7)
God tells us not to worry about anything rather we should make our requests known to God through prayers. In context, Paul just reminded the saints about God’s nearness, and follows with the exhortation that believers should not be fearful, anxious, or wavering. There is no greater source of spiritual stability than the confidence that the Lord is near, not only to hear our cry for help but also able to provide help and strength.
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the LORD God my refuge.
that I may tell of all Your works (Psalm 73:28)
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Pray in Times of Trouble 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com