Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon

Go down

Dragon Empty Dragon

Post  Waqar Daniel Wed 05 Jan 2011, 11:14 am

Dragon, The

• Often of a red color.
    Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
  • DESCRIBED AS
    • Powerful.
      Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
    • Poisonous.
      Deuteronomy 32:33 Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.
    • Of solitary habits.
      Job 30:29 I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.

• Its mournful voice alluded to.
    Micah 1:8 Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls.
  • Its wailing alluded to.
    Micah 1:8 Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls.
  • Its snuffing up the air alluded to.
    Jeremiah 14:6 And the wild asses did stand in the high places, they snuffed up the wind like dragons; their eyes did fail, because there was no grass.
  • Its swallowing of its prey alluded to.
    Jeremiah 51:34 Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon hath devoured me, he hath crushed me, he hath made me an empty vessel, he hath swallowed me up like a dragon, he hath filled his belly with my delicates, he hath cast me out.
  • FOUND IN
    • The wilderness.
      Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
    • Deserted cities.
      Isaiah 13:22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Jeremiah 9:11 And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant.
    • Dry places.
      Isaiah 34:13 And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.

Isaiah 43:20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

• A species of, in rivers.
    Psalms 74:13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

Isaiah 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.
  • ILLUSTRATIVE
    • Of cruel and persecuting kings.
      Isaiah 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Isaiah 51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?

Ezekiel 29:3 Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself.
    • Of enemies of the church.
      Psalms 91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
    • Of wicked men.
      Psalms 44:19 Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of dragons, and covered us with the shadow of death.
    • Of the devil.
      Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Revelation 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    • (Poison of,) of wine.
      Deuteronomy 32:33 Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Dragon 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com