Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favor of God

Go down

Favor of God Empty Favor of God

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 14 Jan 2011, 5:27 pm

Favor of God, The

• Christ the special object of.
    Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
  • IS THE SOURCE OF
    • Mercy.
      Isaiah 60:10 And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.
    • Spiritual life.
      Psalms 30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

• Spiritual wisdom leads to.
    Proverbs 8:35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
  • Mercy and truth lead to.
    Proverbs 3:3-4 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
  • SAINTS
    • Obtain.
      Proverbs 12:2 A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD: but a man of wicked devices will he condemn.
    • Encompassed by.
      Psalms 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
    • Strengthened by.
      Psalms 30:7 LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
    • Victorious through.
      Psalms 44:3 For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.
    • Preserved through.
      Job 10:12 Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.
    • Exalted in.
      Psalms 89:17 For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted.
    • Sometimes tempted to doubt.
      Psalms 77:7 Will the Lord cast off for ever? and will he be favourable no more?

• Domestic blessings traced to.
    Proverbs 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
  • Disappointment of enemies an assured evidence of.
    Psalms 41:11 By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
  • Given in answer to prayer.
    Job 33:26 He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness.
  • Pray for.
    Psalms 106:4 Remember me, O LORD, with the favour that thou bearest unto thy people: O visit me with thy salvation;

Psalms 119:58 I intreated thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to thy word.
  • Plead, in prayer.
    Exodus 33:12 And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.

Numbers 11:15 And if thou deal thus with me, kill me, I pray thee, out of hand, if I have found favour in thy sight; and let me not see my wretchedness.
  • To be acknowledged.
    Psalms 85:1 LORD, thou hast been favourable unto thy land: thou hast brought back the captivity of Jacob.
  • THE WICKED
    • Uninfluenced by.
      Isaiah 26:10 Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD.
    • Do not obtain.
      Isaiah 27:11 When the boughs thereof are withered, they shall be broken off: the women come, and set them on fire: for it is a people of no understanding: therefore he that made them will not have mercy on them, and he that formed them will shew them no favour.

Jeremiah 16:13 Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not shew you favour.

• Exemplified.
    Naphtali,
    Deuteronomy 33:23 And of Naphtali he said, O Naphtali, satisfied with favour, and full with the blessing of the LORD: possess thou the west and the south.

Samuel,
    1 Samuel 2:26 And the child Samuel grew on, and was in favour both with the LORD, and also with men.

Job,
    Job 10:12 Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.

The Virgin Mary,
    Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

David,
    Acts 7:46 Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Favor of God 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com