Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give it All You've Got!

Go down

Give it All You've Got! Empty Give it All You've Got!

Post  fennywest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

...this one thing I do... Philippians 3:13

Ask yourself two questions. First, do I want God's best? It's not easy to rise up early while others sleep, and prepare for the challenge. Like Jesus in Gethsemane, you'll discover it's hard to find people who will stand with you while you're in preparation. But there can be no celebration without preparation. Not everybody can handle success. Some would rather have tranquillity; they don't like criticism and they can't take the pressure. But if you want God's best you can have it. If you've the passion, the price won't stop you! You'll be drawn and driven toward the goal. Second, ask yourself: how strong is my desire? If you don't have the passion for it, you'll never overcome the obstacles. Real power comes from desire kindled in the furnace of unfilled longing. Long-distance runners take steady strides and focus on endurance, not just speed. They run each lap, stretch to their limits and give themselves to one thing - winning. Perspiration pours out of them. The taste of exhaustion is in their mouths. As they near the finishing line a final burst of energy kicks in. It's the last lap. No excuses; it's now or never! At least one time before they lay you in your casket, you owe it to God and yourself to experience that last-lap feeling of giving it all you've got. Victory doesn't come cheap. Paul writes, 'Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet...' (Ephesians 6:13-15 TM).Bob Gass
WORD for today

fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Give it All You've Got! 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down