Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can a Christian marry a Muslim?

4 posters

Go down

Can a Christian marry a Muslim? Empty Can a Christian marry a Muslim?

Post  angel555 Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:41 am

My friend is a Christian and has been in a relationship with a Muslim for about 2 years and she feels like she is completely in love. Her family is completely against it and believe that a Christian should only be with a Christian. However, she says that the person she is with is so amazing.

I just need some guidance as to what is actually said about this in the Bible so that I may guide her.
angel555
angel555
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 19
Marital Status : Divorcee
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Warning : Can a Christian marry a Muslim? 110

Back to top Go down

Can a Christian marry a Muslim? Empty Re: Can a Christian marry a Muslim?

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:05 am

Thank you for your question. Here is the verse from the Bible
"Take care not to make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land to which you are going, or it will become a snare among you. You shall tear down their altars, break their pillars, and cut down their sacred poles...You shall not make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land...And you will take wives from among their daughters for your sons, and their daughters who prostitute themselves to their gods will make your sons also prostitute themselves to their gods." (Exodus 34:12-16)
Bible talks of it as a SNARE and it is so too. However, let us examine the faith of the person she wants to marry.

Allah says in Quran
Do not marry unbelieving women until they believe. A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though if she attracts you. And not marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe. A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though if he attracts you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the fire but Allah beckons by His grace to the garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His signs clear to mankind; that they may receive admonition. (Al-Baqarah, 221).

Hadiths
Narrated Nafi’: Whenever Ibn ‘Umar was asked about marrying a Christian lady or a Jewess, he would say: "Allah has made it unlawful for the believers to marry ladies who ascribe partners in worship to Allah, and I do not know of a greater thing, as regards to ascribing partners in worship, etc. to Allah, than that a lady should say that Jesus is her Lord although he is just one of Allah's slaves." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 63, Number 209 )
My question here is:
  1. What will be faith of her children?
  2. Does she understand the cost of rejection of Jesus Christ?
    They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! (Revelation 6:16)

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Can a Christian marry a Muslim? Empty Religion should not come between two people.

Post  Where Is The Logic? Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:27 am

I do not see why someones Religion should come between themselves and another, it is like asking if someone can marry someone who is a different race or skin colour.

Questions like what religion will the children be, are idiotic, it should be the childs choice of what Religion, if any, they decide to have. To force religion upon a child is abuse in my mind, removing their right of free will.

Where Is The Logic?
Where Is The Logic?
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 5
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2011-12-29

Back to top Go down

Can a Christian marry a Muslim? Empty Marriage and the UnBeliever

Post  fennywest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 4:04 pm

God's Way are not our ways and His thoughts are higher and better than ours.
He knows the end from the beginning.
Isa55
8 " For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD.
9 " For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
1Cor.6
15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not!
16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For "the two," He says, "shall become one flesh."
2Cor6:

4 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: " I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people."
17 Therefore " Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you."
18 " I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty."

fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Can a Christian marry a Muslim? Empty Re: Can a Christian marry a Muslim?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down