Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light the Fire Again

Go down

Light the Fire Again Empty Light the Fire Again

Post  fennywest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 1:31 am

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!

Light the Fire Again StPatrick
NAME: St Patrick
BIRTH DATE: c. 500
PLACE OF BIRTH: United Kingdom
AKA: Saint Patrick

This song is a tribute to Ireland and the people of Ireland.

I was homeless and they took me in.

As they celebrate St Patrick's Day, I pray that the fire of God and the light of God will be rekindled in the lives many who will be reveling on this day, as it was in the life of St Patrick-the Patron Saint.

O Land of Saints
and Scholars do not faint.
Let’s turn on the light again.
St Patrick’s God is a good God.
Let’s light the fire again.

CH: Light the fire again.
Holy Spirit, come again.
Come pour on us like rain.

(Light the fire!)
CH
Lets’ look to the great I Am;
I Am that I Am.
Only He can lift us up.

(Light the fire!)
CH

Lets’ join hand to hand,
All across Ireland.
Let there be harmony and symphony.

(Light the fire!)
CH x2

Read my story to see the origin and inspiration for this song.

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t5589-i-was-homeless#10896

St Patrick was a Christian missionary. Two authentic letters from him survive, the only universally accepted details of his life. When he was 16, he was captured in Britain by Irish raiders and taken as a slave to Ireland. He escaped, returned home and became a bishop. He later returned to Ireland, but little else is known. By the seventh century, he was credited as the patron saint of Ireland.
CONTENTS
(flourished 5th century, Britain and Ireland; feast day March 17) patron saint and national apostle of Ireland, credited with bringing Christianity to Ireland and probably responsible in part for the Christianization of the Picts and Anglo-Saxons. He is known only from two short works, the Confessio, a spiritual autobiography, and his Letter to Coroticus, a denunciation of British mistreatment of Irish Christians.
LIFE
Patrick was born in Britain of a Romanized family. At age 16 he was torn by Irish raiders from the villa of his father, Calpurnius, a deacon and minor local official, and carried into slavery in Ireland, where, during six bleak years spent as a herdsman, he turned with fervour to his faith. Hearing at last in a dream that the ship in which he was to escape was ready, he fled his master and found passage to Britain. There he came near to starvation and suffered a second brief captivity before he was reunited with his family. Thereafter, he may have paid a short visit to the Continent.
The best known passage in the Confessio, his spiritual autobiography, tells of a dream, after his return to Britain, in which one Victoricus delivered him a letter headed “The Voice of the Irish.” As he read it, he seemed to hear a certain company of Irish beseeching him to walk once more among them. “Deeply moved,” he says, “I could read no more.” Nevertheless, because of the shortcomings of his education, he was reluctant for a long time to respond to the call. Even on the eve of reembarkation for Ireland he was beset by doubts of his fitness for the task. Once in the field, however, his hesitations vanished. Utterly confident in the Lord, he journeyed far and wide, baptizing and confirming with untiring zeal. In diplomatic fashion he brought gifts to a kinglet here and a lawgiver there but accepted none from any. On at least one occasion, he was cast into chains. On another, he addressed with lyrical pathos a last farewell to his converts who had been slain or kidnapped by the soldiers of Coroticus.
Careful to deal fairly with the non-Christian Irish, he nevertheless lived in constant danger of martyrdom. The evocation of such incidents of what he called his “laborious episcopate” was his reply to a charge, to his great grief endorsed by his ecclesiastical superiors in Britain, that he had originally sought office for the sake of office. In point of fact, he was a most humble-minded man, pouring forth a continuous paean of thanks to his Maker for having chosen him as the instrument whereby multitudes who had worshipped “idols and unclean things” had become “the people of God.”
The phenomenal success of Patrick's mission is not, however, the full measure of his personality. Since his writings have come to be better understood, it is increasingly recognized that, despite their occasional incoherence, they mirror a truth and a simplicity of the rarest quality.

http://www.biography.com/people/st-patrick-9434729
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Light the Fire Again 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down