Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through Our God

Go down

Through Our God Empty Through Our God

Post  fennywest Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:49 pm

Through Our God CG6E
It was a race for time from the moment I was given the assignment: to be at the school within one hour. Looking at the Journey it was palpably obvious that it was a tall order. But getting a job is like winning a lottery. I had to take it and run like a headless chicken, in a panic. I needed an over-ground train, then an underground, then change to another over-ground train, then take a bus journey and finally a walk to my destination.

For a start, the first over-ground train I got travelled at a snail’s speed; then there was a delay at one of the stations where I was making a change, then I mistakenly got off before my stop and had to start chasing my tail, doing a merry go round like the Israelites. By the time I arrived the school after 2hours in the race, I met a cold trail: ‘Ring your agency.’ The booking was called off- cancelled to my chagrin.

I paid a fortune to get there but now I was to go back home with nothing to show for it and also missed a day’s wages.
Through Our God CGB1-1
My legs were heavy. My heart sank. What disappointment on a Monday morning! Never in my history of supply work had I been disappointed in this way. Why? Why? Why, and at a time when work was so, so scarce?

Have you been so dejected, devastated, disappointed, depressed, sorrowful, mournful and exasperated? I was low, licked, dazed.

Through Our God CGA8-1
Through Our God CGBC

What happened next...?http://inspiration4generations.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/through-our-god/
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Through Our God 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: