Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Barrenness to Fruitfulness (1)

2 posters

Go down

From Barrenness to Fruitfulness (1) Empty From Barrenness to Fruitfulness (1)

Post  Fenny West Mon 10 Sep 2007, 4:31 am

Hannah(Part 1)

Pray and read Read 1Samuel 1

It is God’s will that we are fruitful in all areas, physically, emotionally financially, mentally, relationally etc etc.,

2Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well3John 1:2

Jesus told the disciples: This is how my Father is glorified, that you not just bear fruit but bear much fruit. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.John15:8NIV

He came to give us life and life in its fullness John10:10.

10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. NIV

:8For this purpose the son of God was revealed that He might destroy the works of the devil. 1John3:8 He disarmed principalities and power and made a public spectacle of them triumphing over them even through the cross. Col.2:15,

Notice that He triumphed through the cross- a symbol of suffering. The pruning process is painful but it is gainful. It is God’s standard operational procedure to take you and I from a fledgling scout to an eagle saint.

The Pain before the Gain, the Trial before the Triumph

In the same way we will go through certain sufferings through which we will triumph and give glory to God if we persevere looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith. The magnitude of your battle is often an indication of the magnitude of your coming breakthrough.

Naturally we would all like great, mega breakthrough, but no one wants a great battle. Unfortunately we don’t choose the battle we go through except the self inflicted battles. Whether we like it or not there are certain battles we must go through in life because of our calling, assignment or the dream God has ordained for us to fulfil. God will take us through some fires, deserts and waters to refine us and prepare us to fulfil our ministry. These are places we would refuse to go naturally. We have to be forced into them. Just like the mother eagle forces her young out of the comfortable five star-like hotel nest on a mountain, from a high altitude, and they plummet down almost to their premature death. But she knows what she does and is always nearby to scoop them back to safety before they crash-land. And she does it several times before they get the message, cooperating with her and learn to fly eventually. Their hearts pound as they wind velocity increases and they think allsorts: ‘Mother has taken leave of her senses. Why is she doing this to me? This is wicked.’Deut32:10-13

Attitude for altitude

For Hannah the problem was physical barrenness compounded by the fact that it happened in the midst of her mate who was just superfluously fruitful- just popping out the babies, as it were, at will. And to make matters worse her mate rubbed it in, Peninnah added salt to injury. She had no compassion on Hannah but taunted her. (1Sam.1:6) There is no doubt that it was the trial of her faith. Can you bear to barrenness when others around you, your pears, friends and relatives, even unbelievers are blessed and prospering and you look on hoping: ‘When will my time come? And how would you react if some of these close associates start taunting you, ridiculing you, saying , ‘Where is this God of yours?’ Some of them may not say it to your hearing but their attitude says it all.

Hannah kept her eyes on the Lord and continued to go to the house of the Lord to worship. She did not allow bitterness, or envy to set in.

Humility Amidst Provocation and

Misunderstandings

At such times there are bound to be misunderstandings of those who love us as is the case with Hannah. Her husband thought he was better than ten sons. He tried to pacify by giving her double portions but it did not fill the void of childlessness. She kept on seeking the face of God and trusting Him for the fruit of the womb.(1Sam1:8,14)

But Hannah was cool, calm and humble amidst these taunting and flaunting and series of misunderstandings from husband and Pastor. She did not pick a quarrel or fight. She did not throw tantrums.

She opened up her soul to pastor Eli : I’m not drunk as you think. I am just pouring out my heart to God.’ And Eli agreed with her. "Not so, my lord," Hannah replied, "I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the LORD.1Sam1:15

V15

Persistence

Our lesson here is that we must be persistent at such time and not take any second best in place of what we desire of the Lord. (1Sam1:5, Cool

The Power of Prayer

She also stepped up her prayer life. We find her deep in prayer uttering words that were not heard. Her lips moved but Eli heard nothing and so he concluded she was drunk and demanded that she came off it. This was another misunderstanding that befell her- this time from a Pastor that should know better. This goes to show that even your Pastor, close friend associate or mentor or counsellor can misunderstand you and even call you names. There are moments in life when no one around you may understand your plight or where the shoe hurts, but God. You have to be prepared to stand alone with God at such times. (1Sam1:9-13)

The power of Agreement

Where two of you shall agree as touching anything… it shall be done .

We see the power of agreement. ‘May the Lord grant you the desire of your heart.

It is important that during your period of waiting you find someone to agree with you. (1Sam1:17)

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven Matt18:19KJV

Attitude of altitude, attitude of faith.

Notice again that Hannah’s countenance changed soon after Pastor Eli agreed with her. She was cheered up even though her circumstances remained unchanged. She had the peace of God which transcends all understanding because of her attitude. Such an attitude conditions you to receive from God. It shows you trust. You believe in His goodness and mercy and faithfulness and power. 18 She said, "May your servant find favor in your eyes." Then she went her way and ate something, and her face was no longer downcast1Sam1:18, Phil4:6-7, Mark 11:23

Knocking in prayer

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matt7:7

We are told: Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. These are three degrees of prayer you can rise to. Certain battles are won by simply asking once. Others require consistent asking and seeking of the face of the Lord and it takes time and commitment and persistence. There are yet other occasions when you need to raise your game by adding fasting. This was what happened when David’s child was very sick and on the point of death. He went into fasting with a view to appeasing God. ‘David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth ‘2Sam12:16 Nehemiah and Esther went into praying fasting in other to seek the intervention of God in their mission.Neh.1:4-10, Esther4:15 Jesus prayed and fasted before embarking on His ministry. Matt4:1-10, And when the disciples were unable to cast out a demon he told tem this can only come by prayer and fasting.

21Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Matt17:21

Daniel stepped up his prayer when he wanted the fulfilment of the promise of God.

‘And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes’:Dan9:3

Knocking can take other forms; in this case Hannah provoked the anointing to conceive by making a vow:

Whereas we must not take making vows lightly it can be used to step up our resolve and knocking on God’s door provided we remember to fulfil the vow when the answer comes as Hannah did.

Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning : From Barrenness to Fruitfulness (1) 110

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

From Barrenness to Fruitfulness (1) Empty Re: From Barrenness to Fruitfulness (1)

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 10 Sep 2007, 9:17 am

It is a nice message to encourage others.

God bless you and your family

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

From Barrenness to Fruitfulness (1) Empty Re: From Barrenness to Fruitfulness (1)

Post  Fenny West Mon 10 Sep 2007, 5:20 pm

Thank you very much.

Fenny
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down