Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trust: God Cares About Your Bills

Go down

Trust: God Cares About Your Bills Empty Trust: God Cares About Your Bills

Post  fennywest Wed 08 Aug 2012, 4:12 pm

by Rick Warren

"Your heavenly Father already knows perfectly well what you need and he will give it to you if you give him first place in your life and live as he wants you to."
(Matthew 6:33 LB)

When I was a kid, anytime I had a need, I'd just go to my dad and ask for whatever it was. Not once did I ever wonder or worry about where he was going to find the money. That was his job; he was the father, and I was the kid.
Some of us act like spiritual orphans. We forget we have a heavenly Father who already knows what we need. Does God take care of little birds? They don't worry. Human beings are the only things in all creation that worry. Everything else trusts the heavenly Father and creator to care for their needs.
Do you trust God enough not to worry about your circumstances? Worry is really just a form of atheism, because every time you worry, you're saying, “It all depends on me.”
You must trust God with your life. As long as you love anything more than God, that thing or person or item will become a source of anxiety.
"Don't put your hope in wealth, which is so uncertain. But put your hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment" (1 Timothy 6:17). No matter how much money you make, you can still lose it all. You must always remember that your security is not in your bank account; your security is in the Lord. If God turns off one faucet, he can turn on another. If he turns off one job, he can turn on another.
The book of Romans says that God sent his son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for you to pay for your salvation. If God loves you enough to send his own son to die for you, don't you think he loves you enough to take care of your bills? Don't you realize that any other problem is minor by comparison? He solved your biggest problem when he saved you.
The bottom line is this: Are you going to trust in God to do what he says he will do? As evidence of that faith, will you trust him enough to do what he tells you to do?
Talk About It
What concerns have caused you worry recently? Pray with someone today and give your concerns to God so that you can trust him for the future.
Is there anything that you love more than God? How is your answer to this question reflected in your life?
Rick Warren is the founding pastor of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif., one of America's largest and most influential churches. Rick is author of the New York Times bestseller "The Purpose Driven Life." His book, "The Purpose Driven Church," was named one of the 100 Christian books that changed the 20th century. He is also the founder of Pastors.com, a global Internet community for pastors.
This devotional ©2012 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Trust: God Cares About Your Bills 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down