Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confidence: Be Confident in God

Go down

Confidence: Be Confident in God Empty Confidence: Be Confident in God

Post  fennywest Fri 24 Aug 2012, 4:13 pm

Confidence: Be Confident in God
by Jon Walker

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13 NIV)
The secret to living with confidence is to be confident in God’s unlimited compassion and power and to let go of confidence in ourselves.
When we think we have to do it on our own or when we think we are doing it on our own, we stand on an uncertain foundation like the man who built his house upon the sand. No matter how confident we are in ourselves, eventually the rains will come, washing away our self-confidence.
But when we have God-confidence, we know deep down that we will always be able to “approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need” (Hebrews 4:16 NIV).
With God-confidence, we know we are loved and accepted by God; we know we are created and shaped by God; we know we have talents and skills given to us by God. By understanding our true position in Christ, we can be confident that God is with us always, even unto the ends of the earth, even when we open our mouths to speak, even in everything (Philippians 4:13).
Talk About It
• Believe that God is “working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him” (Philippians 2:13 NLT). How would your life look different if you were confident in God and not in your self?
• You may be thinking, “There’s something I’d really like to do, but I don’t think that I can do it.” This kind of thinking may keep you from even trying, but if you’re confident in God and what he can do through your life, then there’s every reason to move forward and no good reason to stand still. What will you do today to move forward in confidence?

Jon Walker is author of “Costly Grace: A Contemporary View of Bonhoeffer’s ‘The Cost of Discipleship’ and In Visible Fellowship: A Contemporary View of Bonhoeffer's Classic Work ‘Life Together’.”

He is managing editor of Rick Warren’s Daily Hope Devotionals.

This devotional © Copyright 2012 Jon Walker. All rights reserved. Used by permission
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Confidence: Be Confident in God 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down