Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Three Wise Men

Go down

The Three Wise Men Empty The Three Wise Men

Post  fennywest Tue 25 Dec 2012, 9:44 am

The Three wise men
Were led by the star
To the place of worship
And the place of fellowship.
There they gave gold, myrrh
And frankincense to the King-
King of kings and Lord of Lords.

Today may we also be led
Into His very presence;
into the Holy of holies-
Led by His Holy Spirit
And there to give our best
Crowning Him Lord of all
Enthroning Him on our hearts.

5 So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet:
6 ' But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.' "
7 Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared.
8 And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found Him, bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also."
9 When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was.
10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy.
11 And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
12 Then, being divinely warned in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed for their own country another way.
Matt2:5-12
What do the presents of frankincense gold and myrrh represent?
The Kings brought gifts of Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh.
-Gold represents purity and the Royal Crown and is a fitting gift for our King.
-Frankincense are the white bits from the gum resin of a tree that grows in Arabia, and was used to make special incense which was then burned in the Temple by the priests as a sweet-smelling offering to God, and reminds us that Jesus is both a priest and an offering to God on our behalf.
-Myrrh comes from a small bush in Arabia and it was used to make perfume and annointing oil. It was used by the Egyptians in their embalming fluids, and as a perfume it was used by many nations as part of preparing a body for burial.
Lev 2:2 And he shall bring it to Aaron's sons the priests: and he shall take thereout his handful of the flour thereof, and of the oil thereof, with all the frankincense thereof; and the priest shall burn the memorial of it upon the altar, to be an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_do_the_presents_of_frankincense_gold_and_myrrh_represent
Since gold represents His majesty and royalty and glory and His worth, may we remember the worth of our Saviour and exalt Him in our hearts and worship Him for who He is – Our Lord and Saviour and our God, as we remember His birth. May we keep ourselves pure even as He is pure because we are partakers of His holiness
May we also who have accepted Him as Lord and Saviour know that we have been accepted in the beloved and have been made partakers of His royalty and purity.
May we carry ourselves as royalty and be His worthy ambassadors.
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. 1Pet2:9-10
20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.2Cor5:20
As Myrrh represents the material used for the embalming of His body, may it remind us of the sacrifice He made for us to give us New Life. Paul also reminds us that we have been crucified with Him and this life we live, we live by faith in the Son of God.
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.Gal2:20.
We died with Him and were raised with Him. Eph2:6
May the Frankincense remind us how His obedience- offering of Himself on the cross -was a sweet smelling fragrance to the nostrils of the Father. May we also be inspired to yield our lives in submission and obey the word of God so that our lives will ooze such sweet smelling fragrance to our Father in heaven.
For illustrated version, go to
http://wp.me/p1eApa-KW
©Fenny West2012
http://inspiration4generations.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/olympic-series-the-race-of-grace-1-preparation/
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : The Three Wise Men 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down