Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AWESOME POWER OF PRAYER

Go down

THE AWESOME POWER OF PRAYER Empty THE AWESOME POWER OF PRAYER

Post  Waqar Daniel Wed 27 Jun 2007, 2:45 pm

Greetings, peace and blessings in the name of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ

Whenever I ask any believer, if they pray on regular basis - The answer - We pray while walking, talking and the list goes on. Some answer like this; we are so tired after coming back from work they we just lie dead on the bed. Some make excuses like they were in a bad mood so they were angry with God so they did not pray. Yet very recently someone gave me a shocker by quoting a Bible verse and telling me that why she does not pray. She said in Bible it is written that God knows what we need before we ask Him. - What an excuse?

We are so fond of spending time before TV, in parties and yet we reach home, there is no time for prayers? We are tired? Worried about tomorrow?

I wonder why it sometimes takes us so long to remember to turn to God in prayer. Prayer is the most powerful tool God has given us. Think about it for a moment. Almighty God, Creator of the universe, Master of all life, Controller of all natural and physical laws, the Omnipotent Lord who was, and is, and is to come, has an open-door policy, and actually invites us to talk with Him. Through prayer, we are able to confess our sins, ask for forgiveness, and submit to salvation through Jesus Christ. Through prayer, we can heal and be healed. Through prayer, we can encourage and be encouraged. Through prayer, we can fight back the attacks of Satan and his band of demons. Through prayer, we can do anything.

God spoke to Jeremiah and said, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know,” (Jeremiah 33:3). What an awe-inspiring passage! Reading that verse always makes my heart skip a beat. This isn’t a promise only to one of the great prophets, though. James tells us to “come near to God and He will come near to you,” (James 4:Cool. Through prayer, we are able to be closer to Almighty God than to anyone or anything else on this earth! This is an amazing and humbling gift!

What can we pray for? The Bible tells us to pray for healing (James 5:16), for wisdom (James 1:5), and for peace of mind (Philippians 4:6). We are even told to go beyond these, and to “pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests,” (Ephesians 6:18)! Accompanying this is another wonderful promise. In Mark 11:24, Jesus tells us, “whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”

At times, it can be hard to pray. Sometimes we harbor sinful thoughts that can interfere. In Mark 11:25, Jesus said, “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” Immediately after telling us to “come near to God,” in James 4:8, James tells us, “Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.” Pride can inhibit prayer (Matthew 6:5), as can a lack of faith (Mark 11:24, James 1:6). Some people interpret Jesus’ instructions in Matthew 6:5-6 as a prohibition against praying in public. This conclusion misses the mark. Jesus was warning us not to be prideful or showy with our prayers. Our words are not the most important part of the prayer, and can often get in the way if we are focusing on how we sound to others, rather than on what we’re saying to God. He knows our heart and soul, and knows what we need before we even ask!

Sometimes, I find my mind is so cluttered, it’s hard to find a starting point in my prayer with God. It’s often difficult to take the swarm of worries, troubles, praise, thanks, and concerns that fill my mind and present them in an orderly manner to God. I found out I don’t have to. I mentioned “praying in the Spirit” earlier. This can also be accompanied by what some call “praying in tongues.” I like to think of it as a broadband data dump to God. In its essence, praying in the Spirit means not worrying about the words. God knows your heart, so just open your heart and soul to the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, “your Father knows what you need before you ask Him,” (Matthew 6:Cool. That being said, if words are difficult in coming, don’t worry about the words! God knows your heart, and He knows your needs. Open your heart and soul to God, and let the Holy Spirit do the talking for you!

James said, “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective,” (James 5:16). Remember God’s words to Jeremiah, “Call to me, and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” Prayer can move mountains, if we have faith (Mark 11:23). Knowing how we should pray is important, but it is equally important to know “when” to pray. The answer to this is clearly and explicitly defined in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, “Pray continually.”

Prayers are very important but we must also change our lives too. They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work. (Titus 1:16)

Whenever I start my prayer, I request LORD and Savior Jesus Christ to pray for me before Father as He sits at the right hand of Father, so that my prayer may be pleasing to Father's heart. Believe me, it works all the time and I am not short of words and I feel that my prayer is answered. If you don't believe then give it a try.

God bless

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25