Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 8:12-18

Go down

John 8:12-18 Empty John 8:12-18

Post  clark thompson Sun 11 Aug 2013, 7:14 pm

King James Version (KJV)

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

World English Bible (WEB)

12 Again, therefore, Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world.[a] He who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.”
13 The Pharisees therefore said to him, “You testify about yourself. Your testimony is not valid.”
14 Jesus answered them, “Even if I testify about myself, my testimony is true, for I know where I came from, and where I am going; but you don’t know where I came from, or where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh. I judge no one. 16 Even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent me. 17 It’s also written in your law that the testimony of two people is valid.[b] 18 I am one who testifies about myself, and the Father who sent me testifies about me.”

Footnotes:
a.John 8:12 Isaiah 60:1
b.John 8:17 Deuteronomy 17:6; 19:15

World English Bible (WEB)
by Public Domain. The name "World English Bible" is trademarked.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

12 Christ is the Light of the world without Him where stand in darkness waiting for Him to pull us into the light. As followers of Jesus we shine His light thru the Spirit that dwells in us, when keep away from our flesh.

13 They were using their law for their use instead of as a whole, Jesus was not on trial so, He did not need to have a witness. Early in the chapter they want to stone a woman caught in adultry yet the man who was wronged by her comitting adultry aginst him by going to another man, seems not to be the one doing the acussing, the Pharisees seem to be doing this, according to the law the Pharisses had the man who was wronged should have been doing the accusing and both man and woman caught in adultry would be stoned not just the woman, where was the man, they must have let him go, breaking their own laws, this is just 2 examples of how they hand picked the scriptures they would follow. They consider the prophets to be true but no one was a witness to them being told things by God.

14 We do not need to explain our actions, we have done nothing wrong. Christ did nothing wrong for these men to judge Him. They let their laws blind them from the truth. We will go thru things no one else may see but that does not mean those things did not happen.

15 They did not judge by the standards written in the word if they had they would have seen He was the Word. Jesus will judge at the end but, He wants all to come and recieve His sacrifice so, we are to escape judgement.

16 As Christ represented the Father, we as the church are to represent Christ. To many times churches main concern is not pleasing the Lord but to please the people and they are wrong for putting the people before God but, there are still churches that stand on the truth and let people decide wheter they accept the truth or reject the truth.

17 These law was for trial not for everyday life, it was to prevent false judgements on the innocent. The witness also had to be respected people, not just anyone but a man of good character.

18 The Father testified Christ. Christ also testifies for the church infront of the Father to prevent us for be cast away from Him. We are called by Christ for a purpose that He started and that was to spread the gospel.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Warning : John 8:12-18 110

Back to top Go down