Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SMART: scripture memorisation: Salvation

Go down

SMART: scripture memorisation: Salvation Empty SMART: scripture memorisation: Salvation

Post  fennywest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

New Birth ( salvation, redemption)

Original sin and God's plan
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;
17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." Gen2:17
8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
9 Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"
10 So he said, "I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself."
Gen3:8-10
"Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?"Gen3:1

4 Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. Gen3:4
God’s plan of salvation
15 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel."Gen3:15
State of man Isa53:6 gone astray
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Rom3:23 All have sinned
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
Rom6:23 wages of sin and gift of God
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What God did
Jn3:16 loved and gave
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Jn3:16
1Pet1:18-19 Purchased us
Sent a Lamb to take our place
"Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!John1:29
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.2Cor5:21
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God --- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption -1Cor1:30

1Pet1:18-19
18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers,
19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 1Pet1:18-19

1Cor1:30 made us right
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God --- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption
Rom5:8 show his love through Christ
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
What man has to do
Come to Jesus
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
18 " Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, " Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 1sa1:18
Come Now!2Cor6:2
2 For He says: " In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
2Cor6:2
Do Not Boast About Tomorrow Jam2:13-14
13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit";
14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

Jn14:6 Accept the Way
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Rom10:9-10 Accept Jesus as Lord
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
13 For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."
John1:12 Receive Him
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
Acts2:37-Repent
8 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel." Mark1:15
Be born again
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." Jn3:3,5,8
Acts16:31
31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."
1Jn1:9confess
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.1jn1:9
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Rom10:9-10
Believe and be baptised
risen.
15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
Ark:
What you cannot do
Eph2:8-9 You can’t save yourself
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
You can’t work for or buy salvation Isa55:1-2
Isaiah 55: An Invitation to Abundant Life
1 "Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price.
2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Rom1:17 it’s by faith (Gal3, Hab2:4 Heb)
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
Salvation cost god a great deal
4 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand. Isa53:4,5,10

After you are saved
You were crucified with Him Gal2:20
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Rom8:1no more condemnation, set free
Romans 8: Free from Indwelling Sin
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

2Cor5:17- New Creature
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Jn1:12- you become a child of God 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: jn1:12

Rom5:1 justified, peace with God, access
Romans 5: Faith Triumphs in Trouble
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Col3:1 set your affection on things above
Colossians 3: Not Carnality but Christ
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentanceMatt3:8
Rom12:1-2 Be not conformed to the world
Romans 12: Living Sacrifices to God
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Phil3:20 Heavenly citizenship
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
1 Pet1:18-19 we have a living hope
A Heavenly Inheritance
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
Seated with Christ EPh2:4-7
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
Your name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life
27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.Rev21:27
5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. Rev3:5

http://inspiration4generations.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/smart-scripture-memorisation-and-reference-tree-salvation/
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19
Country : SMART: scripture memorisation: Salvation RedCross-1

Warning : SMART: scripture memorisation: Salvation 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down