Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laugh in the Month of Laughter

Go down

Laugh in the Month of Laughter Empty Laugh in the Month of Laughter

Post  fennywest Thu 10 Apr 2014, 5:03 pm

Laugh in the Month of Laughter

Do you know that laughter is a great medicine and can trigger healing in many areas- physically, emotionally, mentally and socially?

Take a look at these excerpts below and relate them to the word of God on laughter. I have had the privilege of working with people with very challenging neurological problems and seen how laughter has helped them cope and make progress. It also helped me as I joined and laughed with them or made them laugh, often for hours on end. I have learnt not to take myself seriously and let out the child in me and enjoyed life more. It has been a win-win situation.

So if you are weighed down by a burden or burdens, I commend to you the Humour Hub on this site. Go there and amuse yourself. Feed on the articles and note the once that made you laugh the most and come back to them again and again.  Also, think of events in your life that have generated laughter and laugh over them again as you recall them. It will do you good emotionally and mentally and socially and even spiritually. Laugh at what the enemy is trying to do to you. He wants you to cry but you are laughing. That will cause him distress and cause God to fight for you.

28        And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Ro.8:28

37   Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

38   For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,

39   nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.Ro8:37-39

Meditate on these laughter scriptures

Genesis 21: Isaac Is Born

1     And the LORD visited Sarah as He had said, and the LORD did for Sarah as He had spoken.

2     For Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.

3     And Abraham called the name of his son who was born to him --- whom Sarah bore to him --- Isaac.

4     Then Abraham circumcised his son Isaac when he was eight days old, as God had commanded him.

5     Now Abraham was one hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him.

6     And Sarah said, "God has made me laugh, and all who hear will laugh with me."

7     She also said, "Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? For I have borne him a son in his old age."

God will make you laugh and give you laughter- something that looked impossible. And those who had written you off as passing your sell-by date will come and celebrate with you as they did with Sarah and Abraham and as they did with Job.

10   And the LORD restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.

11   Then all his brothers, all his sisters, and all those who had been his acquaintances before, came to him and ate food with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversity that the LORD had brought upon him. Each one gave him a piece of silver and each a ring of gold.

12   Now the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning; for he had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand yoke of oxen, and one thousand female donkeys.

13   He also had seven sons and three daughters.

16   After this Job lived one hundred and forty years, and saw his children and grandchildren for four generations.

17        So Job died, old and full of days. Job42:10-13,16-17

19   He shall deliver you in six troubles, Yes, in seven no evil shall touch you.

20   In famine He shall redeem you from death, And in war from the power of the sword.

21   You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, And you shall not be afraid of destruction when it comes.

22   You shall laugh at destruction and famine, And you shall not be afraid of the beasts of the earth.

23   For you shall have a covenant with the stones of the field, And the beasts of the field shall be at peace with you.

24   You shall know that your tent is in peace; You shall visit your dwelling and find nothing amiss.

25   You shall also know that your descendants shall be many, And your offspring like the grass of the earth.

26   You shall come to the grave at a full age, As a sheaf of grain ripens in its season.

27   Behold, this we have searched out; It is true. Hear it, and know for yourself."

Job5

1     When the LORD brought back the captivity of Zion, We were like those who dream.

2     Then our mouth was filled with laughter, And our tongue with singing. Then they said among the nations, " The LORD has done great things for them."

3     The LORD has done great things for us, And we are glad.

4     Bring back our captivity, O LORD, As the streams in the South.

5     Those who sow in tears Shall reap in joy.

6     He who continually goes forth weeping, Bearing seed for sowing, Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, Bringing his sheaves with him.

The Lord will turn your captivity around and those around you will see indisputable evidence of His goodness and faithfulness to you and they will testify of what the Lord has done for you.  Your mouth will be filled with laughter and your tongue with singing. Prepare for it put on your dancing shoes.

1. And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, And come to Zion with singing, With everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness, And sorrow and sighing shall flee away. Isa35:10

1. To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn,

2. To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."

3.        And they shall rebuild the old ruins, They shall raise up the former desolations, And they shall repair the ruined cities, The desolations of many generations.
    Isa61:2-4

Benefits of Laughter

10 Reasons Why Laughing Is Good for You

http://www.helpguide.org/life/humor_laughter_health.htmy

Energizes  your organs

“One of the best reasons to start laughing has to do with your immune system. Perhaps laughter will one day join the ranks of immune-boosting staples like multivitamins and antibacterial hand soap. Decreasing stress hormones, improving circulation and oxygen intake, and releasing negative emotions can boost your immunological responses and keep you healthy.

For example, laughter has been shown to increase levels of salivary immunoglobulin A (IgA), an important antibody that fights bacteria and infections, especially those in the respiratory system [sources: BrainPattillo and Itano].

Boost your immune system

As we mentioned earlier, laughter improves blood flow, suppresses stress hormones and gives you a burst of exercise. In other words, laughter sends a wake-up call to the heart, brain and lungs and stimulates these organs into action.

Reduces aggression

“Your friends Mark and Mandy just ended their relationship, and all three of you are going to dinner for the first time since the big breakup. The tension at the table is undeniable, so you do the first thing that pops into your mind: Tell a joke.

Laughter is the hypothetical knife that cuts tension from a room, allowing you to relax. You become calmer and less aggressive, which may help you form clearer perspectives about what's actually going on around you.”

Boost your social skills

‘There's a reason why when you laugh, the world laughs with you, but when you weep, you weep all by yourself. That's because no one wants to hang around with a Debbie Downer who has nothing positive to say. Finding the humour in life and being able to laugh at it will only improve your social skills.’

reduces your pain

Laughter may be one of the best natural pain relievers around -- it's effective, free and available everywhere. You don't even need a prescription!’

‘

positively affects your blood glucose levels

as it causes ‘the endothelium, tissue that composes the lining of blood vessels, to expand, allowing for better blood flow’

provides a burst of exercise, as you take deep breaths in and out during your laughter

improves blood pressure and flow

increases your ability to cope with life

decreases stresses of life as your stress hormones like cortisol and epinephrine are reduced

There occasion in the scripture that have caused me to laugh such as these:

Joseph’s brother after selling him as a slave, and shared the money, they plotted and killed and animal and soaked his coat of many colours in it and brought it to their dad to make his conclusions. They kept quiet about the truth until when it caught up with them thirteen years later and they started accusing each other. Joseph acted as if he did not know them until a later time when he revealed himself. I found it funny.  I don’t know about you.

I also found the story of Jehoshaphat where the enemies who came on all front and were like the sands of the sea, suddenly began to destroy themselves and left the field of war laden with bodies and spoils of war for God’s people. That is what God can do for those who believe and obey and trust Him.

Another funny scenario was Naomi counsel to Ruth to go and sleep near Boaz and that counsel paid off eventually.

Another is how God turned Mordecai’s hatred upon his head as he was forced to honour the man he hated most. Later the gallows he had built to hang Mordecai were used for him and his children. Don’t mess with God or His people. Those who mess with you are messing with the apple of God’s eye.

Again was it not funny that Jacob, the con man met his match when he encountered Laban? I found that funny too. How about you?

http://inspiration4generations.wordpress.com/2014/04/10/laugh-in-the-month-of-laughter-by-fenny-west/
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Laugh in the Month of Laughter 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down