Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learn to Feed Others and YOU will be 'fat' and flourishing

Go down

Learn to Feed Others and YOU will be 'fat' and flourishing Empty Learn to Feed Others and YOU will be 'fat' and flourishing

Post  Fenny West Tue 20 Nov 2007, 9:04 pm

A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, "Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like." The Lord led the holy man to two doors. He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water. The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that were strapped to their arms and each found it
> possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful. But because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths. The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. The Lord said, "You have seen Hell." They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking. The holy man said, "I don't understand." It is simple," said the Lord. "It requires but one skill. You see they have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves." When Jesus died on the cross, he was thinking of you. Its estimated 93% won't forward this. If you are one of the 7% who will, forward
> this with the title "7%". Remember that I will always share my spoon with you.

Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Country : Learn to Feed Others and YOU will be 'fat' and flourishing RedCross-1

Warning : Learn to Feed Others and YOU will be 'fat' and flourishing 110