Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Holy Spirit

5 posters

Go down

The Holy Spirit Empty The Holy Spirit

Post  FaithfulSon Sat 24 Nov 2007, 2:09 pm

He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and psalms".

Then He opened their minds so they could understand the scriptures. He told them, 'This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high' (Luke 24:44-49)

After resurrection, Jesus Christ told His disciples to stay in Jerusalem and wait. The question is, why did Jesus ask them to stay in Jerusalem, even though they had lived and served with Jesus for three years, something more was required before they could do kingdom work. They were in need of a divine presence, a Helper who would equip and empower them to fulfill their divine calling.

Who is the Holy Spirit? He is God the Spirit--the third person of the Trinity, who has equal standing and relationship with God the Father and God the Son. Jesus spoke the words of His Father and sought to glorify God; so, too, the Spirit speaks only what He hears, and His purpose is to glorify Christ. He is the fulfillment of a promise made by God to everyone who has chosen to follow Christ.

But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak, on His own; He will speak what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking what is mine and making it known to you. (John 16:13-14)

The Spirit is sent from the Father in the name of Jesus as a gift to every believer. When someone trusts Christ as Savior, that individual becomes a new creation; he or she is a child of God, indwelt by the person of the Holy Spirit.

What is the Spirit's purpose? Jesus called Him our Helper, who teaches us and brings to mind what we have learned

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you everything I have said to you (John 14:26)

He is our constant companion, who will never leave us. He seeks to transform us into Christ's likeness in our attitudes, priorities, thought life, and behavior.

And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of truth (John 14:16)

Some Christians have mistakenly thought of the Holy Spirit as a source of power rather than a divine person. He is God the Spirit, and His presence within us is vital to our ability to follow Him.Holy Spirit reveals Jesus Christ to us and Jesus Christ reveals Heavnely Father, we must all pray Heavenly Father to bless us with Holy Spirit as Jesus promised us.

God bless you all with Holy Spirit
FaithfulSon
FaithfulSon
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : The Holy Spirit 110

Back to top Go down

The Holy Spirit Empty Re: The Holy Spirit

Post  THE ROCK Sun 25 Nov 2007, 6:35 pm

You have nicely explained the role of Holy Spirit in our lives. I enjoyed going through the article and you have quoted the verses well from the Bible making relevant to the topic of your article.

God bless you
THE ROCK
THE ROCK
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 31
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  dove Mon 26 Nov 2007, 11:52 am

God bless you explaining the role of Holy Spirit in such detail. It was interesting to know the concept of Trinity explained by. Holy Spirit reveals, Jesus and Jesus reveals Father. Yes we should pray to God for the free gift of Holy Spirit that Jesus promised us.

God bless you
dove
dove
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 246
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  WordofLife Mon 26 Nov 2007, 12:23 pm

Really it is such a wonderful and amazing phenomena. When I got saved, I started to read Bible and really it was a boring routine and prayers were very short. Anyhow, I kept on reading Bible and articles but learnt nothing. So one day, it came to my heart, why don't I ask God for help. Now Bible is the most exciting Book and prayers are wonderful for me.

We need Holy Spirit in our lives to guide us to the right path and God is so kind that we only have to ask for this promised free gift and God graciously give us. So wonderful is our God, who guides us not only in spiritual things but also in worldly things.

God bless you
WordofLife
WordofLife
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post  lovemylord Mon 26 Nov 2007, 12:33 pm

Thank you for expalining the true meaning and role of the Holy Spirit.

God bless you
lovemylord
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content