Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABORTION

Go down

ABORTION Empty ABORTION

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 01 Jul 2007, 6:11 pm

Greetings, peace and blessings in the name of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ.

In the eyes of God there is no difference between abortion and the murder of children of any age. A concise and easily understood biblical principle that confirms this fact has to do with the New Testament usage of the Greek word "BREPHOS."

"BREPHOS" is translated as "babe" twice in Luke 1:41, 44 and refers to an unborn child (here John the Baptist): "And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost . . . For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy."

Elsewhere, "BREPHOS," again translated as "babe," denotes a new born child (here Jesus Christ): "And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger . . . And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger" (Luke 2:12, 16).

(See also Acts 7:19 and 1 Peter 2:2 where a form of "BREPHOS" in the former verse is applied literally to newborn "children," and in the latter passage is used figuratively of new converts, fresh from the "new birth." A form of "BREPHOS" is also used in the New Testament to identify slightly older children: "And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them" (Luke 18:15); "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 3:15)).

The references to literal "babes" (one unborn, one newly born) within two chapters of the same Gospel record conclusively prove the initial proposition. God who through inspiration caused Luke to use "BREPHOS" to identify both the unborn as well as the newly born makes no distinction between the two. Therefore, if it is wrong and is even murder to willfully kill a newborn child (and assuredly it is), then it is equally wrong to willfully kill (i.e., murder) an unborn child. In the eyes of God there is no difference between abortion and the murder of children of any age.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : ABORTION 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com