Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNDERSTANDING- THE HOLY SPIRIT

2 posters

Go down

UNDERSTANDING- THE HOLY SPIRIT Empty UNDERSTANDING- THE HOLY SPIRIT

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 30 Dec 2007, 12:11 pm

Last year, I started to write commentary of the Bible, due to load of work, I was not able to complete it. The commentary I decided to write is to address all the questions and it had a unique way of Bible Study. I decided to write this article because in response to Trinity, I called Holy Spirit Understanding. I will use Psalm 25 to show Holy Spirit as The Understanding.

To You, O LORD I lift up my soul

Holy Spirit helps us to lift up our soul in prayer, praise and worship. Holy Spirit lightens up a burning desire in our hearts to reach up tpwards the Heavenly Throne. "...He shall not speak of Himself, but whosoever He shall hear, that shall He speak...(John 16:13)"

The Holy Spirit does not attract attention to Himself, rather Holy Spirit enables us to Heavenly Father and to our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. Holy Spirit gives us a desire deep in our soul to commune with God. As David said in Psalm 103:1-2, "Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits."

O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let my enemies triumph over me

Holy Spirit gives us the victory. "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerers through Him who loved us." (Romans 8:37) When we trust in God, He always gives us victory over our enemies as it is in Psalms 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of mine enemies.

These are not just words written in the Bible, Heavenly Father has done this many times for me in my persoanl life and whenever, He makes me hold my head high in front of my enemies, I remember this verse of Psalm 23.

Victory only comes, when we trust in God. Therefore, we must learn to trust in God and believe His word and He would never let us see shame, whether it is spiritual warfare or in this cut throat world.

Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; Letthose be ashamed who del treacherously without casue

The Holy Spirit teaches us to wait on God. "But who wait on the LORD shall renew their strenght; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31) David the King of Israel commanded a huge army. He organized the Temple with different groups of singers taking turns singing songs that he wrote. Themost part David learnt in his life was to wait on the LORD. As David wrote in Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths

The Holy Spirit teaches us how to walk in the ways of the Lord. He reveals the way we should go when we’re unsure, and he guides and directs us along the way. Isaiah 30:21 assures us, "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left."

Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day

The Holy Spirit reveals to us the truth. There is no reason for believers to be confused or to be fooled by false teaching. Allow the Spirit to guide you, and he will teach you the way of the Lord. As Jesus said in John 8:31-32, "Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your loving-kindness, For they are from of old.

The Holy Spirit will teach us about God. He will reveal God’s nature to us. He will show us the Lord’s attributes.

David talks about the tender mercies and lovingkindness of the Lord. And then he says they are from old. He expanded upon this idea when he wrote the 103rd Psalm. Verses 10-13 and 17 paint for us a beautiful picture of who God is, "He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor punished us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father pities his children, So the LORD pities those who fear Him. But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting On those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children's children."

Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; according to Your mercy remember me, for Your goodness' sake, O LORD

The Holy Spirit will show us how to overcome sin. He will be constantly pointing us to the Lord and his word for strength. He will help us to become spiritually stronger so we can overcome the temptation of sin.

Good and upright is the LORD; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin. He reveals to us that we are sinners, he makes us feel guilty for our transgressions, he leads us to the One who will forgive us, and then he helps us to overcome evil. This is an ongoing process since we are constantly falling into the snare of sin.

The humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way

The Holy Spirit guides us. He goes with us every day. He is always by our side to lead us along. As Psalm 37:23 tells us, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way."

All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth, to such as keep His covenant and His testimonies

The Holy Spirit teaches us the law of the Lord, God’s word. As we spend time studying the Bible, the Spirit reveals new truths to us. Psalm 119:11 gives us a good reason to learn God’s word, "Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You!"

For Your name's sake, O LORD, pardon my inquity, for it is great

The Holy Spirit will show us the right way. The longer we serve the Lord, the more we realize how great is our iniquity. The reason for this is that as we learn more about God and his way, we gain a better understanding of how far short we are to his standards.

This is what Isaiah experienced when he found himself in the presence of the Lord. He said in Isaiah 6:5, "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." When we are in God’s presence, we will realize how great is our sin.

Who is the man that fears the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses

The Holy Spirit will help us to obey God’s commandments. We love to read and hear about God’s mercy, but we need to learn more about God’s judgment. Jesus said in John 14:15, "If you love Me, keep My commandments." We need to learn obedience.

He Himslef shall dwell in prosperity, and his descendants shall inherit the earth

When Jesus was teaching on prayer in Matthew 7, he told the people the Parable of the Good Father. In verse 11 he said, "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"

The Holy Spirit will comfort us. The Hebrew word translated prosperity is < bwo+> tob. This word means good. God will give us good things. He will give us all kinds of good things. No matter what trials we may have to face, the Holy Spirit is always there to comfort us with the goodness of God.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : UNDERSTANDING- THE HOLY SPIRIT 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UNDERSTANDING- THE HOLY SPIRIT Empty Re: UNDERSTANDING- THE HOLY SPIRIT

Post  Guest Sun 30 Dec 2007, 4:30 pm

Thank you Daniel, for your beautiful letter on the Holly Spirit. I also thank you for your prayers for my Daughter. Hearing you say, that she will be save has made me to believe again, and my hope and faith has come back to me. Daniel you really are a man of God, and you chase after his heart. Yes I agree with you on her salvation thank you for your prayers, and God bless you and keep you safe from harms way. Anna
Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; Letthose be ashamed who del treacherously without casue

The Holy Spirit teaches us to wait on God. "But
who wait on the LORD shall renew their strenght; They shall mount up
with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall
walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31)
David the King of Israel
commanded a huge army. He organized the Temple with different groups of
singers taking turns singing songs that he wrote. Themost part David
learnt in his life was to wait on the LORD. As David wrote in Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  4given Mon 31 Dec 2007, 2:24 pm

You have beautifully explained the role of Holy Spirit in Jeremiah 51:15. I really liked it as it was easy to understand. I thank that God through this forum helped me to understand Trinity.

God bless
4given
4given
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Warning : UNDERSTANDING- THE HOLY SPIRIT 110

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content