Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Were either Cain or Abel married?

+2
Waqar Daniel
tatyana29
6 posters

Go down

Were either Cain or Abel married? Empty Were either Cain or Abel married?

Post  tatyana29 Mon 31 Mar 2008, 5:35 am

If they were, how? Weren't they one of the first families on earth that were created? Were there other nations that God created as well?
tatyana29
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Warning : Were either Cain or Abel married? 110

Back to top Go down

Were either Cain or Abel married? Empty Re: Were either Cain or Abel married?

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 31 Mar 2008, 5:49 am

Dear Tatyana

Thank you for joining CHRISTIAN TALK and posting a question. The Bible does not talk of Abel being married but surely talks of Cain being married.
Cain lay with his wife, and she became married pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. (Genesis 4:17)
God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Were either Cain or Abel married? Empty Where did his wife come from?

Post  tatyana29 Mon 31 Mar 2008, 5:53 am

Waqar Daniel wrote:Dear Tatyana

Thank you for joining CHRISTIAN TALK and posting a question. The Bible does not talk of Abel being married but surely talks of Cain being married.
Cain lay with his wife, and she became married pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. (Genesis 4:17)
God bless you
tatyana29
Christian Talk Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 31 Mar 2008, 5:59 am

If I say that Cain married his sister, it would be an assumption because it is not written. However, this is a general view maintained by many. Let me ask you a question - Are you a Christian?

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Were either Cain or Abel married? Empty Good question

Post  tatyana29 Mon 31 Mar 2008, 6:06 am

I was raised a Christian, very strict home. As I got older I rebelled against all that my family has taught me, although basis of the beliefs stuck with me. I was born again a while back, I believe that I'm saved, at the same time I do things that contradict my beliefs without even thinking twice, knowing that it's wrong. Why am I so weak? Makes me want to cry.. I pray, go to church, I feel very weak spiritually. Recently, I did something that is horrific, nobody knows, not even my family. I'm very confused...
tatyana29
Christian Talk Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 31 Mar 2008, 8:03 am

Dear Tatyana

We all fail at some point or the other. What I would request is that you need to pray to Heavenly Father in Jesus name to strengthen you with Holy Spirit so that you may walk in His truth. You need to ask Heavenly Father to give you power and authority over sin. This is how I live my life and pray regularly. I am not perfect but I am very strong when I am weak. Let me explain to you what is Grace
For the Grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say NO to ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age...(Titus 2:11-14)
Although it is the most difficult part of our lives to say No to sex, drugs, show of power, making fun of others, using bad language and many other bad things we do.

However, when we accept Jesus Christ as our LORD and Savior, it becomes the most easiest part to say NO to any kind of sin. To fear the LORD is to hate evil (Proverbs 8:13) If you realize that every sin has a consequence and a huge price to pay, then you will say NO. But if we are not afraid of God then it is impossible to say NO. We normally have this attitude that this time I will sin and then I will pray to God for forgiveness. This is a deception by satan. When we sin knowingly, we face consequences.

When I am tempted, I always ask Jesus to help me and strengthen me. So saying No to worldly passions in Jesus Christ is very easy because Jesus gives you authority over sin. This is how I have lived my life.

Moreover, I read Bible regularly, pondering on the verses as I go through a chapter. This has been my routine that I read through the Bible (Genesis to Revelation) in a year. But before I read Bible, I pray a small prayer and ask Heavenly Father to send Holy Spirit on me so that I may be able to understand what the Bible says and use it in my life and live a life that is pleasing to His heart and I end this prayer in Jesus name. God really opens treasures of the Bible on me and I even remember the verses by heart.

Secondly this has been my routine for many years now that I never miss my morning prayers where I ask God to make this day a blessed day for me and I also ask God "What I can do for Him today". I never miss my prayers before I go to bed. During 24 hours, whenever I get time, I pray and even when I am in my office or working, I keep on praying small prayers asking God to have mercy on me or I keep on reciting Jesus' name.

This has really helped me a lot. I am not saying that I am a very holy person and I admit that I am a sinner, but I try to follow everything that God has asked us to do in the Bible. My heart's desire is to live a life that is pleasing to the heart of Heavenly Father, sometimes I fail and sometimes I am successful. I keep my faith very simple without going into details and I never go beyond what is written in the Bible.

I hope and pray that this information from my personal life will help you. However, if you need any help from my side, you are more than welcome.

God bless you so that you may become a blessing for others in Jesus name AMEN
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Were either Cain or Abel married? Empty Re: Were either Cain or Abel married

Post  Terry L Brown Mon 31 Mar 2008, 11:53 pm

Tatyana,

Your honesty in answering Daniel's question as to whether you are a Christian or not touched my heart. Please understand that what you are experiencing is not unusual. Listen to what the great Apostle Paul wrote about himself:

"For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin" (Romans 7:14-25 NASU).
Like all of us Paul sometimes did or said things that he hated. He realized that was because even though he was a Christain his old sinful nature (the old man as he sometimes called it) was alive and well within him. He was at war with himself as are all of us. But he learned to fight the battle in the power of the Spirit rather than through the power of his will. We can grit our teeth all we want and promise never to do or say anything bad or evil again - and we fail. It is because we are trying to crucify our sinful nature by the power of our own soul (of which our will is a part). If that were possible Jesus would not have had to die on the Cross to save us and cleanse us from sin. It is only when we acknowledge that we are sinners, totally incapable of changing or "killing" the wickedness and deceitfulness that lives within our hearts and accept Jesus Christ as Lord (allowing Him to rule and reign over our will) and Saviour (acknowledging that He alone can save us) that we begin to overcome sin in our lives.

This is a lifelong process often full of heartache and sorrow as we are shown the sinfulness that lives within us. But Satan loves nothing more than for a Christian to fall and stay down. I encourage you to get back up.

"For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again, but the wicked stumble in time of calamity" (Proverbs 24:16 NASU).

Tatyana, be encouraged that the heavenly Father loves you and has His hand upon your life. You are exceedingly precious to Him. He will never leave you or forsake you. He has plan for your life.

Be further encouraged that

"he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" (1 John 4:4 ESV).

Be further encouraged that you are not alone. You belong to the Body of Christ. We are your brothers and sisters and we take delight in praying for you. We cry with you and we rejoice with you. May the Father richly bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessings in Christ,

Terry L. Brown

Terry L Brown
Christian Talk Moderators

Male

Number of posts : 18
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2008-02-10

http://www.whispersofthespirit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tatyana29 Tue 01 Apr 2008, 1:38 am

I realize that it is not unusual and I thank you for your comforting words.
tatyana29
Christian Talk Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 01 Apr 2008, 4:23 am

Dear Terry

Thank you for your reply, I really feel humbled and blessed when I read all of you explaining and helping others. God is very kind to me.

God bless you and your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlelamb Tue 01 Apr 2008, 3:36 pm

Tatyana29, The LORD is quick to forgive us of all our sins, but we need to confess them.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

You have told us that you know you have sinned. We all have struggled with sin at one time or another. The LORD tells us to sin no more.

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

John 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

You can take comfort in our LORD who LOVES you. HE is your strength when you are weakest.

Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Stand on HIS WORD, and HE will deliver you from all sin. Afterall, HE came to free us from sin's bondage. I love you
Littlelamb
Littlelamb
Christian Talk Moderators

Female

Number of posts : 227
Profession : Admin of 2 forums, Children's Church Ministry
Hobbies : The BIBLE and the STUDY which I apply to life.
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChristianLady Tue 01 Apr 2008, 3:37 pm

God bless you Tatyana for joining all of us. Jesus is only a prayer away and this is what our Jesus Christ is; "...I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight." declares the Lord (Jeremiah 9:23-24)

God bless you and be with you always
ChristianLady
ChristianLady
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  lovingdove Tue 01 Apr 2008, 3:57 pm

Dear Tatyana, I will pray for you day and night. When I turned to Jesus I used this prayer, which a friend sent me. I believe that it will help you also.

Jesus is my Lord. The devil has no power over me. (Matthew 28:18; Colossians 1:13)

In Jesus' Name I bind you satan and forbid you to bother me in any way. (Mark 16:17; James 4:7)

No weapon formed against me shall prosper. (Isaiah 54:17)

No evil or accident will happen to me. Neither shall any sickness come near me. God has given His angels charge over me to always keep me safe. (Psalm 91:10-11)

I fear no evil for You are with me Lord. (Psalm 23:4)

Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

Christ has set me free from the curse of sickness. By His wounds, I have been healed. (Galatians 3:13; 1 Peter 2:24)

The Lord is my Shepherd. I do not lack. (Psalm 23:1)

My God is supplying all I need. (Philippians 4:19)

I am a child of Almighty God. He loves me and takes good care of me. (Matthew 6:32-33; 7:11)

The Lord is my Helper. I will not be afraid. (Hebrews 13:6)

I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)

All things are possible to me. I have faith so nothing is impossible. (Matthew 17:20; Mark 9:23)

I am a forgiver. I am patient and kind. I walk in love. (1 Corinthians 13, Romans 5:5)

God gives me favor with people. (Acts 2:47)

Jesus has become my wisdom. (1 Corinthians 1:30)

I have the mind of Christ. (Philippians 2:5)

The Spirit of truth lives in me and teaches me all things. He guides me into all truth. (John 14:26; 16:13)

The Lord gives me wisdom and understanding. (Proverbs 2:6)

God is for me. (Psalm 56:9)
God bless you keep you safe, in Jesus name. AMEN
lovingdove
lovingdove
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 78
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down