Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Christians Rob God?

3 posters

Go down

Can Christians Rob God? Empty Can Christians Rob God?

Post  Waqar Daniel Thu 26 Jun 2008, 7:46 pm

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Yes are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation (Malachi 3:8-9)
As believers how can we rob God - Don't we serve God? Even if you ask any Christian, how much they love God - their answer would be with their whole heart and soul. Let us see how can we rob God:
Honor the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of thine increase (Proverbs 3:9)
We rob God of His due honor when any blessing comes our way. In our happiness we always forget to thank God who in His mercy and loving-kindness blessed us.

The second part of robbing God is not giving charity. For we are more interested in how the Pastor is going to use it. We are not giving a certain amount to Pastor or a Church but in our thanksgiving we remember God in sharing the blessing He has given us. As we read in the Gospels,
And He looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the tresury. And He saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. And He said, of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: For all these of their abundance cast into unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.(Luke 21: 1-4)
Wasn't the High Preist and the Pharisees corrupt? Even then the Jesus made the widow an example to His disciples. When we offer a gift to God through a Pastor or a Church, we must not be concerned, because if the Pastor uses that gift on his own self then it is between him and God. We must not rob God of our offerings, from the blessings of God.

God bless you all
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Can Christians Rob God? 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Can Christians Rob God? Empty Re: Can Christians Rob God?

Post  ChristianLady Fri 27 Jun 2008, 9:39 am

I totally agree that we rob God of all the honor and worship He needs. We worship and honor our blessings but not God from whom all these blessings come from. We expect blessings from God but we are not thankful to Him at all. It is also true that in happy moments we forget about God and His mercies but in hard times we call on God and make Him remind the promises He has made with us.

I remember that once my friend was grubling about the long hours she had to put in her job. I told her to be thankful to God that at least she has a job and is not like others who are looking for jobs.

These are hard realities that we must admit and change ourselves. God bless you for posting this thought provoking article here.
ChristianLady
ChristianLady
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatima Fri 27 Jun 2008, 9:45 am

Humdrum of daily life makes us forget to praise and thank God. You have made me think not to forget such an important part of my life.

In Christ
Fatima
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down