Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SABBATH: Saturday or Sunday?

2 posters

Go down

SABBATH: Saturday or Sunday? Empty SABBATH: Saturday or Sunday?

Post  Waqar Daniel Wed 27 Jun 2007, 2:33 pm

Well the word Saturday is from Roman calendar and Jews followed a Lunar calendar and not a solar calendar like Romans. So therefore, in Old Testament, there is no word Saturday.

Moreover when the command of Sabath came to Israelites, "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." Exodus 20:8-11 It only mentions one day of rest. God did not use any day of calendar. He simply said to set aside one day as a rest day.

God did not only gave us ways to become spiritual but also gave us rules and regulations for our personal and social lives. God being the creator of our bodies, knows the limitations we have. I work on Saturdays and Sundays too and this really makes me mentally and physically stressed. But when I rest on Saturday and Sunday, I am fresh on Monday and am able to do things in a better way.

Now the Hebrew word for Sabath is SHABAT. It means to cease or desist from work. So any day can be Sabath.

Theologically speaking, if Sabath was Saturday, it automaticlly converted to Sunday when Joshua stopped the sun to go down for one whole day.

"At that time Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel,

?Sun, stand still at Gibeon,
and moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.?
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped,
until the nation took vengeance on their enemies." [Joshua 10:12]

Now here Joshua asked God to stop the sun to go down, so therefore even if the Jews had Sabath on Saturday, it automatically shifts to Sunday.

Now some scientist who regarded Joshua's story as a fable and mocked at it performed an experiment, so they found out that the day was 23 hours and 20 minutes long.

Herald Hill, President of Curtis President Engine Company in Baltimore Maryland, and a consultant in the space program held this experiment with several other space scientists

I hope it is now clear that Sunday, scientifically is Sabath and I am not concerned with the discussion who shifted Saturday to Sunday.

Now Flash, I pray for you that God may never see you moral decay and keep you safe from giving in to temptations. He may draw you closer to Him in His everlasting love and may draw you with loving-kindness, in Jesus name. AMEN.

Waqar Daniel
Greetings, peace and blessings in the name of our LORD Savior Jesus Christ.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : SABBATH: Saturday or Sunday? 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SABBATH: Saturday or Sunday? Empty Re: SABBATH: Saturday or Sunday?

Post  palmtree Thu 24 Jul 2008, 11:19 pm

Nice article but I ave one question - Isn't Sabbath Saturday in Hebrew Language? Just need explanation.

In Christ
palmtree
palmtree
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 25 Jul 2008, 8:22 pm

Dear Palmtree

I have already explained your question
Now the Hebrew word for Sabath is SHABAT. It means to cease or desist from work. So any day can be Sabath.
God bless yo uand your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down