Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Turin Shroud Real?

4 posters

Go down

Is Turin Shroud Real? Empty Is Turin Shroud Real?

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 16 Aug 2008, 6:36 am

In 1999, Mark Guscin, a member of the multidisciplinary Investigation Team of the Centro Español de Sindonología, issued a detailed forensic and historical report entitled, "Recent Historical Investigations on the Sudarium of Oviedo." Guscin's report detailed recent findings of the history, forensic pathology, blood chemistry, and stain patterns on the Sudarium. His conclusion: the Sudarium and the Shroud of Turin had been used to cover the same injured head at closely different times. Here are some highlights from Guscin's report:

• It seems to be a funeral cloth that was probably placed over the head of the corpse of an adult male of normal constitution. The man whose face the Sudarium covered had a beard, moustache and long hair, tied up at the nape of his neck into a ponytail.

• The man was dead. The mechanism that formed the stains is incompatible with any kind of breathing movement.

• The man was wounded before death with something that made his scalp bleed and produced wounds on his neck, shoulders and upper part of the back.

• The man suffered a pulmonary edema as a consequence of the terminal process. The main stains are one part blood and six parts fluid from the pulmonary fluid.

• The only position compatible with the formation of the stains on the Oviedo cloth is both arms outstretched above the head and the feet in such a position as to make breathing very difficult, i.e. a position totally compatible with crucifixion. We can say that the man was wounded first (blood on the head, shoulders and back) and then 'crucified.'

• On reaching the destination, the body was placed face up and for unknown reasons, the cloth was taken off the head.

• The Sudarium contains pollen grains of Gundelia tournefortii, identical to that found of the Shroud that grows only east of the Mediterranean Sea as far north as Lebanon and as far south as Jerusalem.

• The blood (stain symmetry, type and other indicators) on the Sudarium matches the blood on the Shroud.
www.shroud.com
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Is Turin Shroud Real? 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is Turin Shroud Real? Empty Re: Is Turin Shroud Real?

Post  dove Sat 16 Aug 2008, 7:28 am

Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, (John 19:1-2)
I liked the video as the forensic scientist explained the agony Jesus went through. I have seen the full documentary on the History channel and it was amazing. I wonder if we can have the full documentary on the forums. It is really amazing to see how scientists proved the shroud.

God bless all
dove
dove
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 246
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  AngelicSmile Sat 16 Aug 2008, 7:32 am

Yes I also liked it very much and can we have a full version of the video if possible? The forensic scientist has explained it well. Thank you for posting it here.

God bless
AngelicSmile
AngelicSmile
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen Sat 16 Aug 2008, 10:07 pm

This is excellent footage and explains the crucifixion of Jesus as a reality. This is indeed an external proof of crucifixion.
stephen
stephen
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down