Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Jesus Yahshua?

5 posters

Go down

Is Jesus Yahshua? Empty Is Jesus Yahshua?

Post  WordofLife Tue 10 Feb 2009, 8:11 am

I was reading a sermon which talked of translating the word Yahshua as "Yahweh is salvation". The sermon said that Jesus is not the correct pronunciation as it does not deliver the message, "Yahweh is salvation". The sermon said that Joshua if pronounced with "Y" would be the correct pronunciation of Jesus' name as "J" sound does not exist in Hebrew language. It further says, "In reality, the name of Joshua and the name of the Messiah were the same name."

"Yeshua" is the name used by today's Jews and messianic believers when referring to the Messiah. The "Ye" was a replacement of "Yah" to avoid pronouncing the Father's name even in its shortened, poetic form [a traditional Jewish restriction that began at the time of the Babylonian exile]. Using Yeshua does not honor Yahweh as intended in Matthew 1:21 above. By pronouncing Yahshua, we state that Yahweh is salvation.

I pray in the name of Jesus and my prayers are heard, I am bit confused here to what is the name Jesus or Yahshua?
WordofLife
WordofLife
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Is Jesus Yahshua? 110

Back to top Go down

Is Jesus Yahshua? Empty Re: Is Jesus Yahshua?

Post  Pastor Tue 10 Feb 2009, 11:25 am

Let us get one thing straight here, YHWH does not mean Yahweh. Yahweh simply means Lord. Now coming to the question, Jesus is greek variant of Yehsuah and Yahshua. In many language it has been translated but will it change the fact that Jesus is Lord and Savior who came down on earth to destory the works of satan and redeem us. It is also agreed that the sound "J" is not hebrew but Jews lived among Jews and Romans and Paul also called Him Jesus in His letters.

If you translate the Bible into any other language, do our redemption will be based on Hebrew dialect and pronunciation. Bible says that God loved the whole world and sent His son Jesus. I find no problem in calling Yeshua as Jesus and I do not agree Joshua is variant of Jesus.

Hebrew of Joshua is YEHOSHUA and hebrew of Jesus is YESHUA.
Pastor
Pastor
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 99
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ericv Tue 10 Feb 2009, 11:45 am

Yahshua is the correct name for Jesus in my research. Strongs exhaustive concordance shows both Jesus and Joshua with very similar names.

There are many Mexicans with the name Jesus, but they pronounce it with a silent "J" as well.

The original Abram's name change to Abraham gives it that "holier" sound, as well. IMO
ericv
ericv
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 10 Feb 2009, 2:25 pm

Thank you for this question and thank you all who gave their input. I would request not to get entangled in such theology. Jesus is same whether you call Him Yahshuah, Yeshuah or Yasoo, or Jesus. He has never changed and I call Him Jesus in my prayers and He is the same LORD and Savior who died on the cross for me and rose up from the dead on the third day.

Here I remember one story, there was a non-Jew who came to pray to God. He had heard that God would listen to him if he said his prayer in Hebrew. He only knew the hebrew alphabet and started to recite hebrew alphabet. The High Priest got angry and asked him what was he doing. So he told him that he had heard that God listens to pray that is prayed in hebrew and he only knew hebrew alphabet. The High Priest got angry and said, yes God listens to prayers that are said in hebrew but he is not speaking hebrew.

The man said, he only knew hebrew alphabet and God knows what he needs so He can put all the hebrew letters into a prayer and would answer him.

So the point is, whether you say your prayer in Jesus name or Yahshuah's name, or Yasoo's name, it makes no difference, for we are praying to Savior of the world.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlelamb Tue 10 Feb 2009, 6:03 pm

Waqar Daniel wrote:
Thank you for this question and thank you all who gave their input. I would request not to get entangled in such theology. Jesus is same whether you call Him Yahshuah, Yeshuah or Yasoo, or Jesus. He has never changed and I call Him Jesus in my prayers and He is the same LORD and Savior who died on the cross for me and rose up from the dead on the third day.

Here I remember one story, there was a non-Jew who came to pray to God. He had heard that God would listen to him if he said his prayer in Hebrew. He only knew the hebrew alphabet and started to recite hebrew alphabet. The High Priest got angry and asked him what was he doing. So he told him that he had heard that God listens to pray that is prayed in hebrew and he only knew hebrew alphabet. The High Priest got angry and said, yes God listens to prayers that are said in hebrew but he is not speaking hebrew.

The man said, he only knew hebrew alphabet and God knows what he needs so He can put all the hebrew letters into a prayer and would answer him.

So the point is, whether you say your prayer in Jesus name or Yahshuah's name, or Yasoo's name, it makes no difference, for we are praying to Savior of the world.

Correct Waqar Daniel.

WordofLife, I suspect the website is one of those Sacred Name Movement websites. We must remember, that the LORD has created all languages, so HE understands HIS NAME, in any language. JESUS will answer our prayers, as long as we PRAY in HIS NAME. We don't need to be concerned about saying his name correctly or even spelling it a certain way. I love you
Littlelamb
Littlelamb
Christian Talk Moderators

Female

Number of posts : 227
Profession : Admin of 2 forums, Children's Church Ministry
Hobbies : The BIBLE and the STUDY which I apply to life.
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ericv Wed 11 Feb 2009, 6:02 pm

Amen!!!
ericv
ericv
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down