Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O Beautiful America

4 posters

Go down

O Beautiful America Empty O Beautiful America

Post  Irv Everett Tue 10 Nov 2009, 3:42 pm

O Beautiful America

O beautiful, America

Where God no longer reigns

Where political correctness, has erased His holy name

With no place for the Ten Commandments; no In God We Trust

Only sins like greed and envy; gluttony, pride and lust

O beautiful, America

Where democracy no longer reigns

Where for the people and by the people is a laughing shame

Where frivolous lawsuits, set legal precedence

And where reelection politics; runs our government

O beautiful, America

Where society’s liberals abound

Where celebrities use their status, to put the Savior down

Where abortion and same sex marriage; seem to be the norm

Where righteousness has no business; in any shape or form

O beautiful, America

When will you open your eyes

When will you turn from evil ways, and stop listening to lies

O beautiful, America

Come back to the Lord

Turn again to the love of God; like you did before
Irv Everett
Irv Everett
VIP

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 305
Profession : I'm a child of the KING
Hobbies : Loving my wife, son and grandbabies; Praising the Lord for HIS mercy and grace!
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Warning : O Beautiful America 110

Back to top Go down

O Beautiful America Empty Re: O Beautiful America

Post  LivinginChrist Wed 11 Nov 2009, 2:20 pm

AMEN! What a wonderful thought and preaching. Blessings in Jesus
LivinginChrist
LivinginChrist
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa1880 Wed 11 Nov 2009, 2:23 pm

While observing the health-care debate, I've been reminded of Christ's teachings and actions. Throughout his ministry, Jesus met with the throngs, healed the sick and instructed his disciples to do the same and never accept silver, gold or even copper in payment. When Pharisees asked about the greatest commandment, he said to "love God with all your heart, soul and mind" and then added, "the second is this: to love your neighbor as yourself. There are no commandments greater than these."
lisa1880
lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post  AngelicSmile Wed 11 Nov 2009, 2:25 pm

We are fast losing our religious freedom in America. There are those who are endeavoring to remove every vestige of Christianity from our government, public education, the public arena and our society.

Also, there are attempts to destroy the family as God ordained it, as given in Genesis 1:27; 21-24, with same-sex marriage and forms of illicit sex as an alternate life-style, resulting in serious consequences. Also, there has been the murder of over 40 million human beings in legalized abortions since 1973.

Consider the following rulings of the U.S. Supreme Court: “secular humanism” declared a religion in 1961; class prayer banned from public schools in 1962; class Bible reading banned from public school facilities in 1963; posting of the Ten Commandments banned in public schools in 1963; and banned teaching of Biblical creationism in public schools in 1987.

The Declaration of Independence gives us six Christian beliefs: belief in Creator; human beings are created by God; absolute moral laws given by God; governments established by God; belief in the providence of God; and belief in a day of judgment by God.

Fifty-two of the 55 signers of this great document were deeply committed Christians. Of the first 108 universities founded in America today, 106 were distinctly Christian. What a contrast to what we have today!

Humanists don’t believe these founding beliefs. Generally speaking, these are not taught in our public educational institutions, so our young people do not know of the great Christian principles upon which our nation was founded. But those same students are taught evolution, which denies these beliefs.

There are a myriad of paintings and documents in and on the federal government buildings in Washington, D.C. today that depict the Christian principles upon which this nation was founded. Law and government must be based on God’s Holy Word, not on the laws of men. All persons serving in government are God’s representatives and will be held accountable to Him (Romans 13:1-8; 14:12).

History tells us that every civilization that has kicked God out of its courts, government, public education and society, like this nation has and is doing today, has gone down under God’s judgment. I hasten to say, “Thank God for all exceptions in America.”

The following is the usual pattern for the demise of any nation that has done this: first there is spiritual apostasy, followed by moral degeneracy, which results in political anarchy. This is just about where we are in this nation today. Too many would rather be “politically correct” than abide by God’s Word or our Constitution.

The separation of church and state is a myth and is not even in our Constitution, but there are groups today that are using it as “law” to keep religion [Christianity] out of about every area of government, public education, and society. When are we going to wake up?
AngelicSmile
AngelicSmile
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

O Beautiful America Empty O Beautiful America

Post  Irv Everett Fri 13 Nov 2009, 5:55 pm

Thank you so much LivinginChrist, Lisa1880, and AngelicSmile for your comments. This is the scripture that prompted the poetic thought. 2Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Blessings to all of you from God our Father, Irv
Irv Everett
Irv Everett
VIP

Male

Number of posts : 305
Profession : I'm a child of the KING
Hobbies : Loving my wife, son and grandbabies; Praising the Lord for HIS mercy and grace!
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down