Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wafa Sultan Debating Islamic Cleric

Go down

Wafa Sultan Debating Islamic Cleric Empty Wafa Sultan Debating Islamic Cleric

Post  ChristianLady Sat 06 Feb 2010, 4:58 pm

Dr. Wafa Sultan is a Syrian-born American psychiatrist famous for her blistering critique of Islam in a debate with a Muslim cleric first aired on al-Jazeera television in 2006. The video of this controversial chastisement was posted online and has been seen by millions of people worldwide. So popular was this courageous and passionate exposé that TIME magazine voted Dr. Sultan one of the world's 100 most influential people of that year.
Wafa Sultan wrote:I receive death threats on a daily basis. I'm a well-known writer in the Arab world. My writings expose me to millions of devout Muslims who have nothing positive to prove but the sheer cruelty of their teachings. Islam has deprived them of their intellectual ability to face criticism with an effective and acceptable way.

Being born and raised as a Muslim has helped me to realize how serious these threats are. While I try to not let the threats interfere with my mission, at the same time I don't ignore them either. Prior to the release of my book A God Who Hates, I was forced to go into hiding. It hasn't been easy, but since I believe in my mission, nothing will deter me from accomplishing my objective.