Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Eagle Odyssey- Purpose-driven

Go down

The Eagle Odyssey- Purpose-driven Empty The Eagle Odyssey- Purpose-driven

Post  fennywest Sat 12 May 2012, 12:31 pm

A parallel look at the life of the Eagle and the Christian:
Eagle Odyssey and the Christian Journey

The Eagle Odyssey- Purpose-driven Eagelbabies

Born for a Purpose
Eagle – purpose-driven

Long before the arrival of its young, the eagle prepares instinctively and very meticulously. She builds a palace fit for a king and queen and prince and princess.
They do not normally have many children- may be three at most. They do not believe that it is "cheaper by the dozen" like some people do neither do they believe that the children will be their "insurance" for their old-age. They want to give their young the best in life. They want them to fulfil their purpose in life: maintain that status quo of being the King of the skies and reign unchallenged at the top of their food chain.
This is what they are in effect saying:

Born for a purpose
That will be fulfilled
Born to tower
And to soar
Any adverse terrain
And there to reign
As has been ordained.
Born to use adverse winds
That sting to sing
Born to give glory
To the Lord of glory

Jesus had a purpose 18 " The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD." (Luke4:18)

4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, (Gal4:4)

21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins."
Matt:1:21
. Paul had a purpose.
17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you,
18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.' Acts26:17-18

Jeremiah had a purpose.
5 " Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."
6 Then said I: " Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth."
7 But the LORD said to me: " Do not say, 'I am a youth,' For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak.
8 Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you," says the LORD.
9 Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me: " Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down, To destroy and to throw down, To build and to plant." Jer.15-10
Moses had a purpose:
9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel has come to Me, and I have also seen the oppression with which the Egyptians oppress them.
10 Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt." Ex3:9-10

You and I also have a purpose ordained of God (Jer29:11). He knew you before you were conceived; had a plan for you; decided which port of entry should disembark into planet earth; who your parents should be. He knew what you would need for your assignment and furnished you adequately for it.
13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. Ps139:13-16

Find out your purpose and face it and fulfil it to the glory of God.

The Eagle Odyssey- Purpose-driven Eagelnest2