Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pentecost Feast 2012

Go down

Pentecost Feast 2012 Empty Pentecost Feast 2012

Post  fennywest Sat 26 May 2012, 7:54 pm

Pentecost Feast 2012 J0323740

Lord Jesus, when you were leaving
We felt we’ll be so lonely
And we prayed that you stayed behind
But you promised the Holy Ghost

(Come Holy Spirit)

Come Holy Spirit
Come Comforter
Come Holy Spirit
Come Comforter

On the day of Pentecost
You came in might and power
O Lord, let the fire burn again
Come Comforter

Come Holy Spirit
Ch:

Lord, we are up against
Principalities and powers
But Lord with the Holy Ghost
We’ll surely overcome
Come Holy Spirit
CH:

Lord Jesus, as the day gets darker,
The more we need the Holy Ghost
Lord, in these closing days of time
Let the Holy Ghost come pouring.

Come Holy Spirit.
CH:
[/i]
https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t5415-come-comforter?highlight=come+comforter

the Holy Spirit
Double Etheree

The Holy Spirit (double Etheree)

The
Holy
Spirit is
Comforter, and
Standby, Gentle Guide
Refiner Anointing
Teaching and Interceding
Strengthening Equipping Convicting
Commissioning, and Empowering
Counselor, Creating Leading Helping
Filling, Reviving Advocating,
Revealing, Removing burdens
Comforting Destroying yokes
Reproving Indwelling,
Regenerating
Administering
Baptizing
Sealing,
God

©Fenny West

The Power of the Spirit works

For those who put it to test
Yet it is by grace, not by works
Trust and He’ll do the rest.

It’s the anointing that breaks yokes
Of bondage, blindness, sickness.
Take upon you Jesus’ yoke
And you’ll be lifted from darkness.

It’s the Spirit that gives life-
God-kind of life- abundant
The dead will be raised to life.
Press on, Saint, be adamant.

©Fenny West
https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t3037-the-power-of-the-spirit-works?highlight=power+of+the+Spirit

Holy Spirit Prayers
Pentecost Feast 2012 CGB8-1

Praying for, with and in the Spirit
O, Spirit of the Living God, the Spirit of Grace, come and fill me afresh to overflowing; let my cup run over with your anointing.

I crave, long and cry for your manifest presence- your very presence. Yesterday’s manna will not do. Let me see and experience Your mercies new and every morning.

O Lord, as Light, illuminate my lost estate and guide me along the pathway of righteousness and the New Way of unsearchable riches in Christ. Open the eyes of my spiritual understanding to grasp the length and breadth, height and depth of Your plan for my life and your love for me.

As a sacrificial flame guide me Lord to offer myself as a willing living sacrifice, wholly acceptable to You, that I will know beyond any shadow of a doubt what is that good acceptable and perfect will of God and to choose your perfect will.

O Holy Spirit, as Heavenly Dew, come and drench my life, wrenching it out of barrenness and causing it to blossom with your fruitfulness. Show me how to abide in the Vine and letting the word abide in me and bear much fruit and fruit that remains, to glorify the Father.

As the Heavenly Dove, descend upon me, Holy Spirit, with your love and gentleness. Comforter, come and comfort me, my God, in times of uncertainties and distress; to know, that I know, that I know, that You know the end from the beginning and that You will never leave me nor forsake me. Dispel every clouds and pockets of doubt lurking in any nook any canny in me.

Come and bear witness in my life and in my living that Jesus Christ is the Resurrection and the Life and that He lives in me today, and that He remains the same, yesterday, today and forever.

Holy Fire, I call on You this day to purge me of every dross and impurity that hinders. Reinforce in my consciousness that I am set apart for You. Lord, burn off every wood hay and stubble that would not stand the test of time.

Living Water, come and fill me. I need a deluge of You. Bubble up from within my belly, in my prayer, in my writing in my testifying, in my singing, preaching and ministry.

Spirit of Power, come and birth holy boldness in me like You did in Peter and the other disciples such that the world acknowledged that they had been with Jesus. ‘The righteous are as bold as the lion!’ ‘The kingdom of God suffers violence but the violent takes it by force.’ ‘Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. ‘Whoever is born of God overcomes the world and that is the victory that overcomes the world even our faith.’ ‘Jesus was anointed with the Holy Ghost and with power’ ‘Jesus came out in the power of the Spirit…’

As Wind, Spirit of Life, blow afresh upon me, winnow away all chaff and let me be a breath of fresh air. Shake everything that can be shaken so that only that which is solid gold can endure to your glory.

Teacher and Spirit of Truth come teach me daily and guide me into your truth that sets free from bondage and yokes of unbelief and limitation.
©Fenny West

Come, Holy Spirit, Empower

Come, Holy Spirit, empower;
Help me to rise and tower;
Debunking fear, refusing to cower;
Going , growing, stronger and stronger;.
Rising higher, faster and faster.
Come, Holy Spirit, You’re the Helper.

Come, Holy Spirit, ignite my vision.
Come and lead, give me direction.
I crave for Your guidance and instruction;
Without it there will simply be confusion.

Thank You, Holy Spirit,
For Your intercession and gift.
Help me to use it to lift.
And as I use my gift, increase it.
Spirit Divine, I prepare my heart, come, visit.

Visit with light for height and Your grace.
I crave Your lovely face.
I stand on holy ground, Your holy place.
I need You badly in these last days.
Teach me Lord, how to praise.

Come, open my eyes to innovation.
Lead me to the land of inspiration.
Teach me addition and multiplication.
I need your unction to greater function
Come, Comforter, help me have divine dominion.

Help me, Helper, to grow and glow.
Help me to hear and with You sow.
O, that I will follow the divine flow.
O, that I will tread down the foe.
O, that I will Your glory show.

Peter Heals the Crippled Beggar
Pentecost Feast 2012 Holyspirit
One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon. Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.

Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God. When all the people saw him walking and praising God, 10they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

Acts 1:3-10

What lessons can we learn from this passage of scripture?

1. Time of prayer is pertinent for the Christian

2. Fellowship engenders growth

3. What you have believed will be tested

4. Those who stand on the Word will prevail

5. You can have the Power of the Spirit and yet sit on it

6. We need to be bold to get results

7. Often we need to go the extra-mile to win

8. When we obey God, we get the results promised and He is glorified.

9. When the miraculous happens through us we must not take the glory. Give it to God.

10. The reality of the Power of the Spirit.

Do you have a time of prayer in your Church? Are you part of it? Do you have a time of prayer at home? Do you enjoy it or is it a chore? Many people enjoy praising, singing, the preaching but prayer seems a drag, unexciting. We are the only army that conquers on its ‘knees.’ No prayer, no power. No prayer, no exploits. One week without prayer, makes one weak.

So work on your prayer life. Think of ways to make it exciting and endearing. Pray the word. Pray the promises of God back to Him. Plead your case. Wrestle with God. Pray in the understanding and pray in the Spirit.

Notice that apart from praying at home they joined others in the church for a time of prayer. Fellowship generates spiritual energy and brings synergy to your prayer. One shall put a thousand to flight. Two shall put ten thousand to flight. If two of you shall agree as touching anything, it shall be done…’ There is power in agreement. Where brethren dwell together in unity there the Lord commands the blessing and life forevermore. Forsake not the assembling together of the saints for prayer.

Peter and john had earlier received the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost. Over 3000 were saved- a demonstration that God answers prayer and confirms his word regarding salvation of sinners. The same promise applied to healing the sick and when they were tested on their way to the prayer meeting they put the Word to test. We too must put God’s word to the test in faith. They could have said, ‘We are late for prayer meeting and hurriedly and timidly dropped a coin for that man and left. No, they decided to apply the Word. Many other believers had seen that man and had demonstrated their form of godliness by dropping coins but they denied the power of God and so this man did not experience the power of God.

So when next you are tested, pass your test. Use God’s Word- the New covenant established on better promises. If it worked for Peter, it can work for you if you believe. Just obey God and leave the results to Him.

Often we would need to go the extra mile if people do not receive, like Peter did. We need to be ready for that. For some people we may need to pray for them and ask them to believe they have received and as they depart their healing will come. For other we may be lead to give them an instruction and as they obey the healing will manifest. God heals in different ways and we need to be open to that and not put Him in a box. The important truth is: God heals even today as He did before- Jesus Christ the same, yesterday, today and for ever.’ I am the Lord and I change not. I am the Lord that healeth thee. Jesus Christ was anointed with the Holy Ghost and with power and He went about doing good, healing all those that were oppressed of the devil, for God was with Him.’

Yes, people will be amazed as God confirms His Word with signs following- the crippled walking, the blind seeing, the dead being raised. Attention will be focused on those that have been used to perform the miracle or healing. It is important that we do not touch the glory when it comes but turn it all to the Lord. He said, ‘I will not share my glory with many other.’ The glory belongs to God. We are just his instruments, His conduits, His channels; He is the source, the Author and finisher. So when people focus on you, after you have been used to perform a miracle, turn their attention to God.

The power of the Spirit is real. If you have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, you have the power. Greater is he in you that he that is in the world. Do not sit on that power put it to good use. Be bold! Step out in faith. Debunk having a form of godliness but denying the power. Creation is waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God. Trust God to honour His word. Offer to pray for or with people even on the street and believe God to confirm the Word with signs following.

And you shall receive power after the Holy Ghost is come upon you…’ and these sign shall follow them that believe… they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. ‘And Jesus Christ was anointed with the Holy Ghost and with power and He went about doing good healing all those that were oppressed of the devil, for God was with Him.’

Live What You Believe

Live what you believe
Stand on God’s Word
Active faith receives
The promise it heard.

Use the Spirits power
Depend on God alone
And you will tower
His will, will be done.

Be bold and strong
Forget what they think
God will give a song
Do you get the link?[/size]
https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t3033-the-power-of-the-spirit-works?highlight=power+of+the+Spirit

The Holy Spirit and His works part2
https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t1775-the-holy-spirit-and-his-works-part-2?highlight=power+of+the+Spirit

the Holy Spirit and His works(3)
https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t1779-the-holy-spirit-and-his-works-part-3?highlight=power+of+the+Spirit

Let the Spirit Rise
They gathered in the upper room
That day of Pentecost
They waited on the promise of the Holy Ghost
They knew that they would be endowed
With power from on high
Yes you can have this promise too
Your needs he will supply

Some people have been blinded
By doctrines and beliefs
They have been told they received it all
While down on bended knees
For some the scales have lifted
And now they can see
That power can not be denied
It dwells inside of me
You may not understand this language
That I speak
Just pay me no attention
The spirit knows my needs
He tells the Heavenly Father
My deep and earnest pleas
When I know not what to pray
The spirit intercedes

Have you received the Holy Ghost?
Since you have believed
Have you claimed his promise?
For that power that you need
To stand against old satan
When he rages to and fro
The spirit will rise up inside
And satan has to go. [/size]

by bgdingess

The Comforter Which is the Holy Ghost John14:26 C.H. Spurgeon
https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t4509-come-comforter?highlight=come+comforter
When the Comforter Comes... C.H.Spurgeon
"The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost."-John 14:26

This age is peculiarly the dispensation of the Holy Spirit, in which Jesus cheers us, not by His personal presence, as He shall do by-and-by, but by the indwelling and constant abiding of the Holy Ghost, who is evermore the Comforter of the church. It is His office to console the hearts of God's people. He convinces of sin; He illuminates and instructs; but still the main part of His work lies in making glad the hearts of the renewed, in confirming the weak, and lifting up all those that be bowed down. He does this by revealing Jesus to them. The Holy Spirit consoles, but Christ is the consolation. If we may use the figure, the Holy Spirit is the Physician, but Jesus is the medicine. He heals the wound, but it is by applying the holy ointment of Christ's name and grace. He takes not of His own things, but of the things of Christ. So if we give to the Holy Spirit the Greek name of Paraclete, as we sometimes do, then our heart confers on our blessed Lord Jesus the title of Paraclesis. If the one be the Comforter, the other is the Comfort. Now, with such rich provision for his need, why should the Christian be sad and desponding? The Holy Spirit has graciously engaged to be thy Comforter: dost thou imagine, O thou weak and trembling believer, that He will be negligent of His sacred trust? Canst thou suppose that He has undertaken what He cannot or will not perform? If it be His especial work to strengthen thee, and to comfort thee, dost thou suppose He has forgotten His business, or that He will fail in the loving office which He sustains towards thee? Nay, think not so hardly of the tender and blessed Spirit whose name is "the Comforter." He delights to give the oil of joy for mourning, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. Trust thou in Him, and He will surely comfort thee till the house of mourning is closed for ever, and the marriage feast has begun!

C. H. Spurgeon

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t3129-when-the-comforter-comes?highlight=come+comforter
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost."-Acts 2:4

Rich were the blessings of this day if all of us were filled with the Holy Ghost. The consequences of this sacred filling of the soul it would be impossible to overestimate. Life, comfort, light, purity, power, peace; and many other precious blessings are inseparable from the Spirit's benign presence. As sacred oil, He anoints the head of the believer, sets him apart to the priesthood of saints, and gives him grace to execute his office aright. As the only truly purifying water He cleanses us from the power of sin and sanctifies us unto holiness, working in us to will and to do of the Lord's good pleasure. As the light, He manifested to us at first our lost estate, and now He reveals the Lord Jesus to us and in us, and guides us in the way of righteousness. Enlightened by His pure celestial ray, we are no more darkness but light in the Lord. As fire, He both purges us from dross, and sets our consecrated nature on a blaze. He is the sacrificial flame by which we are enabled to offer our whole souls as a living sacrifice unto God.
As heavenly dew, He removes our barrenness and fertilizes our lives. O that He would drop from above upon us at this early hour! Such morning dew would be a sweet commencement for the day. As the dove, with wings of peaceful love He broods over His Church and over the souls of believers, and as a Comforter He dispels the cares and doubts which mar the peace of His beloved. He descends upon the chosen as upon the Lord in Jordan, and bears witness to their sonship by working in them a filial spirit by which they cry Abba, Father. As the wind, He brings the breath of life to men; blowing where He listeth He performs the quickening operations by which the spiritual creation is animated and sustained. Would to God, that we might feel His presence this day and every day.

C. H. Spurgeon

The exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe according to the working of His mighty power, which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead."-[/size]Ephesians 1:19, 20

The Spirit Gives Life

In the resurrection of Christ, as in our salvation, there was put forth nothing short of a divine power. What shall we say of those who think that conversion is wrought by the free will of man, and is due to his own betterness of disposition? When we shall see the dead rise from the grave by their own power, then may we expect to see ungodly sinners of their own free will turning to Christ. It is not the word preached, nor the word read in itself; all quickening power proceeds from the Holy Ghost. This power was irresistible. All the soldiers and the high priests could not keep the body of Christ in the tomb; Death himself could not hold Jesus in his bonds: even thus irresistible is the power put forth in the believer when he is raised to newness of life. No sin, no corruption, no devils in hell nor sinners upon earth, can stay the hand of God's grace when it intends to convert a man. If God omnipotently says, "Thou shalt," man shall not say, "I will not." Observe that the power which raised Christ from the dead was glorious.!
It reflected honour upon God and wrought dismay in the hosts of evil. So there is great glory to God in the conversion of every sinner. It was everlasting power. "Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over Him." So we, being raised from the dead, go not back to our dead works nor to our old corruptions, but we live unto God. "Because He lives we live also." "For we are dead, and our life is hid with Christ in God." "Like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Lastly, in the text mark the union of the new life to Jesus. The same power which raised the Head works life in the members. What a blessing to be quickened together with Christ!

C.H.Spurgeon
The Anointing makes a difference
https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t4727-anointing-makes-a-big-difference?highlight=anointing
Great anointing Comes with Great Affliction
https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t3078-great-anointing-comes-from-great-affliction?highlight=anointing

Scripture of the Holy Spirit

• Proceeds from the Father.
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
• GIVEN
o By the Father.
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
o By Christ.
Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
o Through Christ's intercession.
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
• Sent in the name of Christ.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
• Sent by Christ from the Father.
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
• AS SUCH HE
o Communicates joy to saints.
Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

1 Thessalonians 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:
o Edifies the Church.
Acts 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
o Testifies of Christ.
o Imparts the love of God.
Romans 5:3-5 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
o Imparts hope.
Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Galatians 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
o Teaches saints.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
o Dwells with, and in saints.
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
o Abides for ever with saints.
o Is known by saints.
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
• The world cannot receive.

fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Pentecost Feast 2012 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down