Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames

Go down

Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames Empty Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames

Post  fennywest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 11:30 am

To give knowledge of salvation
unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Through the tender mercy of our God;
whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us...

To give light to them that sit in darkness
and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Luke 1:77-79 KJV
Rom10:9-10
2Chro20
Rev3:20

Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames Pointingfingeranger

Reflect Before you Respond

By Rick Warren
A rebel shouts in anger; a wise man holds his temper in and cools it." (Proverbs 29:11 TLB)
When you’re angry, don’t respond impulsively. Delay is a great tool in controlling anger. I'm not saying delay indefinitely or even beyond a day; the Bible says don't go to sleep when you're angry. I'm talking about delaying it for five minutes.
When you start to get ticked off, take "time out" for a few minutes. Give yourself some time to reflect and think through the situation. If you don't stop and think, you are likely to do the wrong thing. You need to reflect before you respond.
When we get angry, we need to make a habit of stepping back, waiting a few minutes, and then looking at the situation from God's point of view. Notice how the Bible says a wise man lets his anger cool down (Proverbs 29:11). So, "cool it" is a Biblical term! A modern translation might be: “The wise man waits and chills out.” Thomas Jefferson, the author of the Declaration of Independence, said, “When angry, count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred.”
Talk About It
Understanding the reason for your anger will give you greater patience and perhaps even the ability to overlook an offense (Proverbs 19:11). Ask yourself three questions to help you understand why you are angry:
• Why am I angry?
• What do I really want?
• How can I get it?

Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames Pointingfingerangrywoman
Release Your Anger Appropriately
By Rick Warren (Purpose driven life)
"If you become angry, do not let your anger lead you into sin …" (Ephesians 4:26a TEV)
There are helpful ways and harmful ways to release your anger. For instance, sometimes we'd rather remain angry than admit our anger. Yet, the Bible says that to be angry and not admit that you are angry is lying — and that's a sin.
Keep in mind: Anger is not necessarily wrong. It only becomes wrong if we release it in a way that is inappropriate or destructive. My experience as a pastor is that most of us learned to express our anger when we were 2 or 3 years old, and we still express our anger in the same way as adults. Needless to say, this simply doesn't work.
Most people express their anger in such a way that they end up farther away from their goal than they were before they became angry. Anger that is expressed inappropriately produces the opposite of your intended results. Blowing up at people never produces lasting change; it only produces more anger and alienation. We know that, but we still do it.
Anger is never really the root problem. Anger is usually a symptom of one of three things: hurt, fear, or frustration. These are the three things that make us angry, and this is why we should always stop and cool down.
Talk About It
Understanding the source of your anger will help you respond in an appropriate manner, so that your anger does not “lead you into sin” (Ephesians 4:26 TEV). When you stop and cool down, ask yourself these questions:
• Am I hurt?
• Am I afraid?
• Do I feel threatened or like I'm going to lose something of value?
• Am I frustrated?

Anger: Re-pattern Your Mind

by Rick Warren

"Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind." (Romans 12:2a TEV)

The way we act is determined by the way we feel. The way we feel is determined by the way we think. If we want to change the way we act, we have to change the way we think. If we want to change a habitual pattern of improper anger management — pouting, blowing up, criticizing, etc. — then we need to have some mental reconditioning.

Gary Smalley suggests you ask yourself questions like, “Do I enjoy getting angry?” “Does it produce the intended results when I get angry?” “Could I get the same results in a more effective way?” “How would I be different?”

Smalley suggests you write down your answers in a letter to yourself and read it aloud to yourself once a week for six months, — that’s 26 times. Also, take the time to read it in the presence of another person. That may seem like a lot of work, but how serious are you about changing this habit in your life? How serious are you about getting control of your anger?

I suggest using Bible verses in your letter so that as God’s Word fills your thoughts, you will be transformed by the renewing of your mind. It's going to change you.

The truth is, angry people are insecure people. The more insecure I am, the more things tick me off. The more insecure I am, the more upset I get and the more irritable I am.

But here’s the thing: When you understand how much God loves you, your security in Christ, and how much you matter to God, then you are less likely to be irritable.

Talk About It

Read Ephesians 1 and Romans 8. They are anti-anger biblical passages because they teach us how deeply God loves us and that we are secure in him.

Rick Warren is the founding pastor of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif., one of America's largest and most influential churches. Rick is author of the New York Times bestseller "The Purpose Driven Life." His book, "The Purpose Driven Church," was named one of the 100 Christian books that changed the 20th century. He is also the founder of Pastors.com, a global Internet community for pastors.

This devotional © 2012 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t1305-adam-and-eve-played-the-blame-game?highlight=blame+game

Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames PontingfingeratGod
Adam and Eve Played the Blame Game

Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from? The man (Adam) said, "The woman (Eve) You put here with me - she gave some fruit from the tree, and I ate it." (Genesis 3:11-12)
Whom did Adam blame for his sin?

Adam blamed LORD God for his fall as he said ,"The woman You put here". Adam never accepted his mistake but went on with the blame game. Not I but You. Note, that instead of confessing his sin, he put the blame on LORD God, so that he may escape the punishment.
Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done? The woman (Eve) said, "The serpent deceived me and I ate." (Genesis 3:13)

Whom did Eve blame for her sin?

Eve found serpent to be the culprit and found nothing wrong in her action like Adam. She never seeked God's forgiveness in her action.

The Blame Game

Adam, why did you transgressed My command? Not me LORD but it is the woman who sinned, and because you put her here, I also sinned. Eve, what have you done? Not me LORD, for it was the serpent who deceived me. Does this Blame Game work? Absolutely not, for
When the woman (Eve) saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave to her husband (Adam), who was with her, and he ate it. (Genesis 3:6)

Generally speaking, when we go wrong, we like to hold others responsible for our sins. God simply wants us to confess and repent from our sins. He is same, merciful, kind and loving but Adam and Eve forgot this and were too busy putting blame on others and never accepted that they transgressed in their actions.

The story of Adam and Eve is repeated in our lives on daily basis. Generally, we hold God responsible for our transgressions and sometimes we put blame on satan. Satan will get his reward for misleading us, for God knows what satan is up to and that is why, in the whole story of Adam and Eve, LORD God never question the serpent - WHY. If we try to cover our sins by playing the Blame Game, we will surely be cut off from the presence of God, like Adam and Eve, for no one in heavens and earth can hide from the eyes of LORD God.

Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames Pointingfinger1

Satan will always tempt us to sin with deception showing sin as desirable, pleasing and logical. If we fall into satan's trap, then we cannot blame satan. For he did what he had to do and we did what our heart's desire was.
When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desires, he is dragged away and enticed. Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. (James 1:13-15)

When we are faced with sickness and disease or with some financial problems, our first step is to blame God; Why me God?. We must look into our lives to see, where we went wrong and why this happened? But there is one thing and that is EGO. For we do not want to reflect on our lives and blame ourselves, so why not to put blame on others and specially on God.

Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames PontingfingeratGod2

We often Play the Blame Game

We often Play the Blame Game
Blatantly, shamefully others frame
Rather than accept our fault
Because we’re not worth our salt.

But the blame game brings pain and shame
And God's name we defame;
Pointing the finger, like Adam
‘It was the woman you gave me.’
Shifting responsibility, like Eve:
‘It was the serpent that gave me to eat.’

Saul played this game too:
It was the people who wanted
the best of the sheep to
sacrifice to the Lord.’

David accepted responsibility
For his murder and adultery
And for taking an unjustified census.
This is the heart after God’s own heart.

Lord, help me cultivate this heart
In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Adam blames God and Eve

Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
9 Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”
10 So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
11 And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”
12 Then the
man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”

Eve Blames the Serpent

13 And the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
14 So the LORD God said to the serpent:
“ Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.
Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames Pointingfinger3

6 Then Saul said to the Kenites, “Go, depart, get down from among the Amalekites, lest I destroy you with them. For you showed kindness to all the children of Israel when they came up out of Egypt.” So the Kenites departed from among the Amalekites. 7 And Saul attacked the Amalekites, from Havilah all the way to Shur, which is east of Egypt. 8 He also took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword. 9 But Saul and the people spared Agag and the best of the sheep, the oxen, the fatlings, the lambs, and all that was good, and were unwilling to utterly destroy them. But everything despised and worthless, that they utterly destroyed.
Saul

Rejected as King

10 Now the word of the LORD came to Samuel, saying, 11 “I greatly regret that I have set up Saul as king, for he has turned back from following Me, and has not performed My commandments.” And it grieved Samuel, and he cried out to the LORD all night. 12 So when Samuel rose early in the morning to meet Saul, it was told Samuel, saying, “Saul went to Carmel, and indeed, he set up a monument for himself; and he has gone on around, passed by, and gone down to Gilgal.” 13 Then Samuel went to Saul, and Saul said to him, “Blessed are you of the LORD! I have performed the commandment of the LORD.”
14 But Samuel said, “What then is this bleating of the sheep in my ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?”

King Saul blames the People
Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames Pointingfinger2

15 And Saul said, “They have brought them from the Amalekites; for the people spared the best of the sheep and the oxen, to sacrifice to the LORD your God; and the rest we have utterly destroyed.”
The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart,And saves such as have a contrite spirit.Ps34:18

For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “ I dwell in the high and holy place,With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isa57:15
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise. Isa51:17
1 Have mercy upon me, O God,
According to Your lovingkindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
Blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
And cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions,
And my sin is always before me.
4 Against You, You only, have I sinned,
And done this evil in Your sight—
That You may be found just when You speak,[a]
And blameless when You judge.

David Depends on his Strength1 Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel. 2 So David said to Joab and to the leaders of the people, “Go, number Israel from Beersheba to Dan, and bring the number of them to me that I may know it.”2Chro21:1
7 And God was displeased with this thing; therefore He struck Israel. 8 So David said to God, “I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing; but now, I pray, take away the iniquity of Your servant, for I have done very foolishly.”
9 Then the LORD spoke to Gad, David’s seer, saying, 10 “Go and tell David, saying, ‘Thus says the LORD: “I offer you three things; choose one of them for yourself, that I may do it to you.”’”
11 So Gad came to David and said to him, “Thus says the LORD: ‘Choose for yourself, 12 either three[a] years of famine, or three months to be defeated by your foes with the sword of your enemies overtaking you, or else for three days the sword of the LORD—the plague in the land, with the angel[b] of the LORD destroying throughout all the territory of Israel.’ Now consider what answer I should take back to Him who sent me.”
13 And David said to Gad, “I am in great distress. Please let me fall into the hand of the LORD, for His mercies are very great; but do not let me fall into the hand of man.”
14 So the LORD sent a plague upon Israel, and seventy thousand men of Israel fell. 15 And God sent an angel to Jerusalem to destroy it. As he[c] was destroying, the LORD looked and relented of the disaster, and said to the angel who was destroying, “It is enough; now restrain your[d] hand.” And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshing floor of Ornan[e] the Jebusite.
16 Then David lifted his eyes and saw the angel of the LORD standing between earth and heaven, having in his hand a drawn sword stretched out over Jerusalem. So David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell on their faces. 17 And David said to God, “Was it not I who commanded the people to be numbered? I am the one who has sinned and done evil indeed; but these sheep, what have they done? Let Your hand, I pray, O LORD my God, be against me and my father’s house, but not against Your people that they should be plagued.”

Family Feuds Just Feeds Fat the Foe

Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames Pointingfingerangrywoman
Family feuds just feeds fat the foe
Who lurks, unseen in the background
He plays on the field of the mind
With the aim to run all aground.

Give him an inch and he’ll take a mile
Luring you to return fire for fire
As he referees all with a sinister smile
Championing hate and unforgiveness mire.

So now pray for God to guard your lips
To allow only rivers of love and peace
To abound, overflow avoiding a slip
That will blow apart and poison release.

“Lord, make me an instrument of peace and not of war”

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." Matt12:36-37

1 Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. Ps141:3

29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Eph4:29-32

17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.Rom12:17-19

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t5719-family-feuds-just-feeds-fat-the-foe#11030

Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames Pointingfinger2

The Blame Game Ensnares

The blame game
Ensnares all
Brings us to shame
And then to a fall.

The blame game
Open’s sin’s door
Lights wicked flames
Destroys peace in store.

The blame game
makes us a target
Makes us Satan’s game;
Bait to make us plummet.

So let’s guard well our lips
And think harmonious thoughts
Otherwise we will slip
And think venomous thoughts.

“Lord, make me a conduit of harmony, not acrimony.”

"Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
27 nor give place to the devil.Eph4:26-27
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.Prov.18:21
6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: " God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
James4:6-7

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Matt12:36-37

“Lord, make me a catalyst for peace and not for war.”

The Blame Game: an old dog

Blame Game Shames & Kindles Evil flames Pointingfinger3

The blame Game
Is an old dog
Who makes us lame
And is against God.

The blame game
sows evil seeds
conjures and then frames
and poison feeds.

The blame game
can be a front
with different names
come out to haunt

So sheath your dagger
Before it wounds
You and others,
Release peaceful sounds.

“Lord, make me a channel of reconciliation, not separation.”

5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.
7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind.
8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.James3:6-8

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.Gal5:22-23

29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Eph4:29-32
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy --- meditate on these things.Phil4:8

3 Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.
Ps141:3

Let us pray
Father,
Help me to control my lips and to think your thoughts, mind my mind and not allow it to be a seat evil imagination that will divide, corrode and alienate.
I submit myself to you completely- sprit soul and body.
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you.
O that my thoughts will be whatsoever is pure, honest, truthful, just of good report and praise –worthy.
In Jesus’ name, amen.

©Fenny West2012
https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t5721-the-blame-game-an-old-dog#11032

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t5576-fresh-and-flourishing#10883
http://inspiration4generations.wordpress.com/2011/12/24/journey-of-jesus/
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single