Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today, Look to the Source

Go down

Today, Look to the Source Empty Today, Look to the Source

Post  fennywest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:51 am

When you come to Rock Bottom
And you despair like Naomi
Know, God is more than able;
All you need is favour
To dig you out of the hole.

When you come to the Red Sea
And Pharaoh’s in hot pursuit
Stand still and see God’s power.
What He did for Israel,
He can also do for you.

When your back’s against the wall
And you don’t know how to fight
Know the battle is not yours.
Do your part and just look up.
God will not put you to shame.

God will send a mammoth aid
To those who trust in His Name;
To those who trust in His word;
To those who are led by Him;
Who do not trust in Chariots.

So today, look to your source
And never to the channels.
The Good Shepherd will provide
Shelter and security,
Provision and protection.
Promotion and acceleration.

Someone will take notice of you;
Someone sent by the Most High
He will open a great door
Of hope that no one can shut.
Out of the Valley of Bacca
Shall come a place of spring.

13 Then she said, "Let me find favor in your sight, my lord; for you have comforted me, and have spoken kindly to your maidservant, though I am not like one of your maidservants."
14 Now Boaz said to her at mealtime, "Come here, and eat of the bread, and dip your piece of bread in the vinegar." So she sat beside the reapers, and he passed parched grain to her; and she ate and was satisfied, and kept some back.
15 And when she rose up to glean, Boaz commanded his young men, saying, "Let her glean even among the sheaves, and do not reproach her.
16 Also let grain from the bundles fall purposely for her; leave it that she may glean, and do not rebuke her."
17 So she gleaned in the field until evening, and beat out what she had gleaned, and it was about an ephah of barley.
18 Then she took it up and went into the city, and her mother-in-law saw what she had gleaned. So she brought out and gave to her what she had kept back after she had been satisfied.
19 And her mother-in-law said to her, "Where have you gleaned today? And where did you work? Blessed be the one who took notice of you." So she told her mother-in-law with whom she had worked, and said, "The man's name with whom I worked today is Boaz."
20 Then Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, "Blessed be he of the LORD, who has not forsaken His kindness to the living and the dead!" And Naomi said to her, "This man is a relation of ours, one of our close relatives."

Testimony
Last year our business was very slow and things were really getting tight financially, even though we have always been tithers & givers. To make matters worse, Katrina came along, the damage we had was minor compared to others, but it was still added expenses that we didn't need. Based on advice from our insurance agent we decided not to file a claim, but to trust the Lord to provide what we needed. A dear friend called and insisted on sending us a check to help and we praised God for the blessing, but this person had serious situations going on in their own life and they forgot to send it. We just kept our eyes on the Lord, thanking him for providing what we needed. A few days later I got an email from my employer saying I had won a sales contest and it was a cash prize for just the amount I needed to cover the repairs. The funny part of this story is, that I wasn't even aware I was in a contest and here I am the winner. The contest details had gone out during Katrina and I never received the information. You have to know that's God, when everything around you looks like your losing, but God calls you the winner! Not long after this, our friend explained the delay and blessed us with a check for a $1000 and what a blessing it was to see the faithfulness of God meet the need with not just enough, but with more than enough. That’s the God we serve, El-Shaddai, the God that’s more than enough to meet every need.

©Fenny West2012
http://inspiration4generations.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/olympic-series-the-race-of-grace-1-preparation/
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Today, Look to the Source 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down